Sunday, June 11, 2006

Looking back

Here is a picture from Hershey Gardens. You don't know how long I stood near these Siberian Iris to capture this bee. He was doing what he should be doing, but not giving me the opportunities I wanted. lol I finally got this shot of him and thought it turned out quite neat. He could have landed on a better looking flower, but I took what I could get. ha!!

I have been tearing out more and more since I last posted. Oh my... the office looks horrendous. I don't really care, though, because my house is finally getting organized again. I went through notes, cards and pictures from parents and students that I have saved for over 10 years of teaching. After feeling so down on Friday, this was actually a good thing because I was able to look back and see the many lives I have touched through the years. It humbled me yet again to realize how God has used me with many children and their parents. There were things mentioned in those cards I had long forgotten. I am thankful for the gift God has given me. I know I still have lots to learn, but I also know I have gained a lot through my experiences.

I just went through cards I had kept from when we were expecting Wesley and Mikayla and ones from after they were born. I'm keeping all of those for the most part. I realize some people may think they need to go, but like my teaching cards, I'll always look back and see what people thought. I read a few from people who have already died. A lot changes in six years.

Yesterday was my brother's birthday so we went up there last night for his celebration. He fixed some yummy burgers for his birthday.... I can still taste them now. :) They were not your regular mustard/ketchup/mayo kind of burgers.... they were more like an Italian burger with a kick. We also had grilled asparagus, homemade onion rings and cake. It was wonderful.

Today we were at Mom and Dad's for lunch and to hang out a while. We got the kids in bed early tonight because they have been so off schedule for 2 weeks now and it was showing. I don't care what people say....we all do better when we stick to more of a schedule. It didn't take them long to go on off to sleep. We are supposed to be having some storms tonight so I don't know how long they will be in their rooms. :)

Well, Steve has come home from getting us more milk. :) We are out of pretty much everything still, but I am in no mood to make glamorous meals until I get this house back in some order. (I know you all are thinking..."WHEN does she ever do those kinds of meals????") Anyway, have a good night. I'm going to continue working on this office/house. :)

No comments: