Monday, June 05, 2006

So glad I didn't have to get up early this morning. Today was my "official" start of summer. I haven't had the time to have a slow day, really, since school has gotten out so it was nice to sleep in.


Well, here are some pics from Hershey Gardens. We went there last Wednesday. Originally, we were going to spend the day at Hershey Park, but we went there for half a day the night before and decided to do the gardens on this day. I am so glad we did. First of all, Mom couldn't have handled the park all day and secondly, the gardens are more my speed and were just beautiful. I could have stayed out there all day long and not gotten tired of the view. The fountain in the middle was lovely and the roses..oh, the roses...they were awesome. It had rained the night before so I had gotten some pretty shots of plants/flowers with rain on them. I'll share more of those later. If you look closely on the rose picture you can see drops of rain. (Again, I think you can click on it and see it larger.) Wesley and Mikayla had fun in their Children's Garden...that was really nice. It was quite hot at that time so we didn't get to hang out in that area like we would have. Mom was getting pretty tired so we had to start heading back. Oh...funny thing was Wesley saw a John Deere Gator and then a Kubota tractor filling it with dirt. It was the sweetest thing to see him standing there watching that with all of those beautiful flowers around. We also went into the butterfly house there and Mikayla was honored when one of the butterfly landed on her. She was tickled. I thanked the Lord for allowing her that special moment. She does love butterflies.

After we went to the gardens we went up to the Hershey Hotel and looked in on the lobby area. WOW....what a beautiful place. It was stunning inside and this picture is pretty good to show the inside but just being there made it quite neat. They had painted the ceiling to look like a blue sky with fair weather clouds. It reminded me of somewhere in South America, which only makes sense since that is where a lot of cacao beans are found to make the chocolate.

Today I spent the time getting over 200 pictures developed...and, overall, they turned out GREAT! I have lots of scrapping to do!! I also went around the house with a trash bag and began throwing away stuff. I must say I feel a bit overwhelmed at the magnitude of a mess I have on my hands so I figured I start there. Things are beginning to look somewhat better but I still have a lot of work to do to get this house back, unfortunately. I know a lot of it has to do with the fact I couldn't do any cleaning really last summer because of Mom's illness and then school on top of that has just made piles on top of piles. NOT fun. I began ironing tonight around 7:00 and as of 10:00 pm I am still not finished...does that tell you anything????? I would like to finish it tonight but I wonder if I will. I am watching the Carolina Hurricanes Hockey game right now, too. Not going well for our 'Canes at the moment, but it is just the first game. We'll see how the third period goes. **update when third period began...we finally scored again. hopefully it will last!**

I hear that iron calling my name again so I guess I need to get back to it. I'll post more tomorrow. :)

No comments: