Thursday, June 08, 2006

Monticello/more cleaning!

Well, here is Monticello pictures. We went to Monticello last Saturday on our way home from PA. WOW... so beautiful. I didn't realize that the part that is so famous on the house and that is on the nickel is actually the back of the house. It really is lovely. We took a tour of the house and got to see the bottom floor. Thomas Jefferson was such a smart man and I am amazed at the knowledge and "inventions" they thought of then. While we were on the tour Mikayla asked the tour guide if Thomas Jefferson knew God. Out of the mouth of babes, huh? I thought it was precious that she would think that much of it. She told me later that since he was dead she wanted to make sure he knew God and went to heaven. Their little minds can think pretty deeply sometimes. I have lots of other pictures from Monticello...especially of the gardens and such, but I'll save them for a later time. Many of the flowers we saw were actually planted by Thomas Jefferson. It was so beautiful and peaceful on that little mountain. I really do wish our lives were more slow.....especially as I was in traffic today. ha! The last picture is of his little pavilion type thing that was in his vegetable garden. It was beautiful to sit in and look down the mountain at Charlottesville below. I wish I could have stayed there a lot longer but we had to make the trip back home.

This morning we went to visit a friend in the hospital, ran to Walmart and then went out to eat lunch with Mom and Daddy. The kids loved going to the Vet Clinic and seeing the horses. It was a fun and unexpected treat for us.

Later today I "purged" more trash/mess/stuff out of this house. Granted, the house now looks worse than it did before I started, but OH WELL...that goes with the territory. I am involved in so many clean outs at the moment that I have a lot to clean up afterwards. ha!! Daddy and Mom came down again tonight and helped us put up the cubicles. They look great. I'll take a picture of them and post them later. Wesley's closet also looks much better. I have got to now train him to keep it that way. Mikayla told me tonight she just loved the cubicles with all her "stuff" in them and is excited to have them look like they do. I really do hope this helps them AND me keep it better during the school year. I still have lots to do, but this is a great start!!!!

Well, I must go and calm my nerves down so I can sleep. I am so keyed up from getting things cleaned out. lol :) Have a terrific day!

No comments: