Thursday, June 15, 2006

Goin' nuts

Today's picture was taken at Hershey Gardens in their Butterfly House. I was so excited to get this picture. :)

If I don't finish cleaning this house soon I think I am going to pull my hair out!!! I think I could do something to this house for the rest of my summer! ha!! I am going to do the best I can and by next week this time I should be done. I just cannot believe how much dirt/dust, etc.. are found around here. Oh well....at least I know it is done.

Yesterday was a gully washer of a day!! The tropical storm Alberto's remnants came up our way and we got over 7 inches of rain!! We had places flooding all around. I even drove in it to go see the Hurricanes practice. We had hoped they would win last night, but they didn't. The kids enjoyed watching them practice, though. Anyway, once we got home from that my friend came over and we began to clean out mine and Steve's closet. I had some dresses and such in there that I have had for YEARS. Once we cleaned it out (12 kitchen sized trashbags later....) I couldn't believe how great it looked!! It didn't even look THAT good when we moved in here 9 1/2 years ago! ha!! We got a few good laughs over some of those clothes. Now I need to go shopping!! ha!! I got all "fifty" pair of my Birkenstocks put away nice and neatly... except for 2 pair I just realized were still not where they should be. hee hee...

Today I worked on cleaning the windows and blinds in the kitchen. You might think it took me a while to do that....YES IT DID. I went through and cleaned EACH PART of the blinds. I am NOT doing that to each and every blind in this house... the others will get vacuumed. ha!! I just wanted to do it to the ones people see more easily. I still have lots to do with that tomorrow. I also need to finish the last one. I can't go to bed without that door window/blind being cleaned. I am halfway done so it shouldn't take long. :) We also went for another play date and the kids went swimming. They really enjoyed themselves. (I must admit I kept thinking of how much I needed to get done at home the whole time, but they didn't need to know that...)

Well, that blind is calling my name. Steve is going to go pull weeds. There is ALWAYS something to do. Maybe I'll eventually get around to my scrapbooking again. At least I hope so...

No comments: