Friday, June 09, 2006

Friday :)

Ahhh...Friday. Now, normally during the school year Friday is my let down day. During the summer it just means that Steve will be home more during the weekend and we can be more of a family. :) Tonight is Wesley and Mikayla's commencement for VBS. I love VBS and that they can go, but I must admit I will be happy to get back on our "normal" schedule next week.

Today's picture was taken at Hershey Gardens. That monarch butterfly was just beautiful. I loved how it stayed on that flower so I could capture it. Normally butterflies are hard to capture in the "wild".

I began taking things out of our office closet today. I started it right before we were supposed to go to a play date. That was a big mistake because I was on a roll and had to stop mid-cleaning and when I got back home I was too overwhelmed to begin again. I have since found my second wind and am trying to get going again. I have pictures and negatives coming out of my ears. I have to get them organized as well. Let's just say that my organizing this summer will probably take the whole summer! ha!! If I can have a more organized house because of it, though, I'll take it.

The play date went well and the kids had a lot of fun. I was glad they were able to have that time together.

I must say that I am feeling a bit discouraged today. We got their report cards and Achievement Test scores in the mail today and it wasn't pretty. Now, I already knew it wouldn't be...that is why they are repeating Kindergarten, but when you see it in black and white it takes the air out of you. I, at times, feel like a failure. I often wonder what I could have done differently with the kids and how I could have been more of a teacher to them....after all, that is what I do for a living!!! Since school has gotten out there has been a nagging in me that won't go away. I find the older I get the less I know and the less "great" at things I realize I am. I look around at everything, and like Solomon says in Ecclesiastes....all of life is vanity. How vain of me to think of myself as something awesome when I am but a speck on this earth. I am thankful, though, that God loved me, speck and all, that He sent His Son to die for ME. I know I am loved and appreciated through His eyes even though some days I wonder about it myself. Forgive me for the rambling. I have just had these feelings heavy on my heart for a couple of weeks and today they came out in a large way when I saw those papers.

Well, enough of that. I have to go feed the kiddos and get them ready for VBS. Thank you for reading about my life. :)

No comments: