Saturday, March 17, 2012

03/17/12

 

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

 

I am not Irish, but have a bit in my bloodline.

Mikayla is doing Ireland as her country project this year.

I do love the color green.  (In fact, when I go shopping for clothes I have to make myself step away from green things....)

In honor of this GREEN day, I thought it would be neat to list things that are green.  I really think the Lord loves green, too.  When I looked up the word "green" in the Bible I found it occurred many, many times.  

Here are some green things I came up with:

Emeralds
Apples
Cucumbers
Celery
Kiwi
Broccoli
Avocados
Grapes
String beans
Butterbeans
Trees
Grass
Bushes
Spinach
Honeydew
Turnip Greens
Collards
US Money
Eyes
Limes
Olives
... and lots more stuff.

I thought this verse fit so well with "green" today.

Psalm 52:8
But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.

Can you add some green to my list?

No comments: