Tuesday, March 13, 2012

03/13/12

 
This past Saturday we went to Old Salem, NC.

We had gone with the kids last year for their NC project and became members.  We didn't get to go in the past year as much as we would have liked, but still enjoyed the visits we did get to do.

This time we also went with my parents and brother. 
The plants are about a week behind ours here so it was nice to see some things budding out that have already come out here.
This flowering plum was just beautiful.  I took lots of pictures of this.
When we got there we began touring the areas and Wesley found a new friend... a guinea fowl. 

Mom and Wes tried out one of the beds in the taverns.  I found out on this visit that people would pay to sleep in a bed... and it wouldn't be a private room.  You would be sleeping with another traveler.... in the same bed.... someone you have never met before.... thankful I live in the time of private rooms in a hotel.
We went to the bakery... of course!  You would have thought that we had not eaten for a week with what we purchased.  Love that sugar bread and strudels!!!
Mikayla enjoyed some of her cherry strudel.
Wesley was enjoying some, too, while Kev chilled for a bit.

 

I was there, too... just behind the camera the whole day as always.  It was a beautiful day.  I was so thankful to have a break from school stuff and have time with my family.  

The only problem of the day was that we lost an hour that night.... I'll be trying to get adjusted to that for a couple of weeks  :)

2 comments:

wendy said...

We're all trying to get adjusted to the time change. It's funny how the loss of one little hour screws things up for a whole week.

Beth Rucci said...

We went to Old Salem last year and loved it but I hear we missed the best part, The bakery. We will definitely get there next time. We did know about the hotel though and that you may have to share a bed with someone you don't know. I didn't like that idea either.