Friday, March 02, 2012

03/02/12

 

Yes, more dried okra.... I told you I was fascinated by it!  :)

Are you ready for some dreams of mine?

I am not talking about the dreams of going some place or being something.

I am talking about your every day, real life dreams that sometimes scare you to death in the middle of the night.

Maybe I should have done a VLOG on this instead, but here goes.  Just know... I realize I dream very weird stuff.  

And, no, I didn't eat anything strange before going to be on these nights. 

The night before the dream I am about to tell you, I dreamed that I had to get one of my students out of the swamp and in the process I got deer ticks all over me.  I can still see them on my hands like they were in the dream.  I couldn't get the stinkers off. I had to wake myself up from that dream and tell myself to come back to reality.  It was a bit scary.

The next night, I dreamed this crazy mess:

A woman had shown us pictures she had taken of a new whale species found in Antarctica.  I can still see the whales in my head, but I must admit that I have a hard time putting into words what they looked like.  Just know they were like a whale, but not. They were flat and had four eyes on the top, and also had a bit of shark in them.  

Strange?

Of course... it is ME having the dream, you know!

The next thing I knew, we were in Antarctica in a boat that was an old Ford truck from the 70's or 80's.  We were in the back of it.... floating on the Southern Ocean that surrounds Antarctica (did you know that tidbit of information about the Southern Ocean?????).

We weren't just floating in it... we were in a warehouse, with cold water, and two of those whales jumping out of the water near us all of the time.

Who is "WE" you might ask?

That would be me, Steve, Kevin, Mom, Dad, Wesley and Mikayla. 

I am trying to photograph those whale creatures and not fall out of the back of the truck at the same time.  I had a few close calls.

The next thing I know there is a Mexican man in the back of the truck throwing out corn or something to the whales.  I have no idea where he came from!

Then, the water dried up and the whales went away.  We got out of the truck and walked outside to Antarctica.  As we were walking up the steps to a gift/souvenir shop, I kept thinking the landscape looked like Reykjavik, Iceland.  (I think those powerpoints are really starting to get to me....)  I turned to Kevin and said "Kevin!  We are in Antarctica!  We need to write this down or something because who knows when we'll ever get back here!"  He agreed and we all walked into the gift shop.

I was pretty hung up on getting an "Antarctica" hoody sweatshirt.  In fact, I was downright obsessive over it.  As I was perusing the gift shop, I began noticing that the souvenirs were sand, palm trees and pineapples.  I kept thinking to myself they looked a lot like Hawaii and not Antarctica.  The gift shop was narrow and had white walls.  I couldn't find a hoody anywhere!

The next thing I know, Steve has opened up two doors on the left side of the shop that go into a huge warehouse that is filled with all kinds of clothing.  He is giving the owners "what for" because they had not let us know that was there and I had been looking for a hoody.  (My Sweet Man always comes to my rescue! lol)

I walk into the warehouse and noticed it was dark in there.  I tried to no avail to find a hoody sweatshirt with "Antarctica" on it.  I found coats that were plastic-like but too flashy for me.  I found some hoodies that were cheaply made and I wanted one that would last a long time!  I saw there were boots and other skiing things sold in the back of that area, but no hoody.

I begin to walk back into the other part of the shop and I saw a tractor sign for sale.  Mikayla begins to say to me that Wes would love that.  I looked it over and said, "Yes, he would love it, but it doesn't have Antarctica on it so he wouldn't remember where he got it."  I passed on the tractor sign.

Then, I was needing to find Mikayla a souvenir.  I found a cute tin box with horses on it that said "Antarctica."  Inside was post-it notes or something like that.  I showed it to Mikayla and told her how cute it was and it could be a nice keepsake.  She was not as thrilled over it as I was and picked out a flimsy box with a cat on the front that wouldn't last long at all... and it was double the price of the horse one.

Then I woke up.

It is any wonder that I was tired at school that day? I worked all night!

And, if you are wondering.. NO!  I did not get my Antarctica hoody sweatshirt.

If anyone ever finds one, let me know and I'll buy one.  :)

3 comments:

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Oh my! If we could interpret dreams, wonder what this could all possibly mean? My husband dreams crazy stuff, and the mornings after he says he is give out! Me, I can't ever remember mine! LOL!

Have a great weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

When I was prego with Cameron, I dreamt I had a puppy...that's about the only dream I remember, and I never remember details like you did....

norma said...

You're more dedicated then me - I don't dream about this stuff!