Tuesday, April 26, 2011

04/26/11

Just thought I would brag on Steve a bit today.

As I posted a week or so ago, he finished our deck in record time before the kids' party. He took it apart board by board and then replaced it in the same way. He worked very hard to make it sturdy and have a bit of a different look than before.

I realize I don't have any before pictures, but just know there were pickets that had fallen off and boards that had been rotting because it was 14 years old... and because the deck went on the back burner when twins arrived at our home 11 years ago. SO.... it actually lasted a whole lot longer than we thought!


This shows how he put "fancier" posts in and on the ends of the deck where he had to put 6x6 posts to strengthen the end of the deck, he put copper caps on top.


While he was re-doing them, we decided to put in another set of steps so we can go off the deck either way. It has been SO NICE to have that now.
(Molly came free with the following picture. She had her teddy bear with her that she had been slinging back and forth showing it who was boss.)

I wish I could have shown you what it looked like with the table and chairs/umbrella in place, but Steve has worked on cleaning the deck so that he can stain it to protect it and had to move all of that. Maybe I'll share that later.
That was also a makeover on a budget. It was called clorox the chairs and buy a table cover to cover the rust spots on the table. Hey... it worked and we love it.


He did an awesome job.... one that I know I couldn't have done. I am thankful he had the ability to do so because it allowed us to stay on a more frugal budget.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful! Steve did great work, I'd say he's a keeper. :)

Lori H. said...

Your new deck looks awesome!! Have I mentioned that we have NO deck? (hint-hint)

Anonymous said...

That Son of mine is one smart cookie, I have not seen too many things He couldn't do if He put his mind to it, of course mama think like that about our children. Keep up the good work Son!! Love -Love!

Sandy said...

What a great job Steve did! And that little Molly sure is cute.
I get out the Clorox & some spray paint every year & keep reusing the same outdoor stuff.