Wednesday, April 13, 2011

04/13/11

Can you guess what flower this is???????


Let's talk about prayer today. Prayer is just talking to our Heavenly Father. I am so thankful I can talk to Him ANY time of the day. He even understands and hears my thoughts when I drift off to sleep as I pray at night.

Last week I prayed for more time in my days.

Last night I was praying for a friend who got saved a year ago yesterday and has had a lot of uphill spiritual battles.

I pray knowing that God hears me.

I pray knowing that He will always answer... just maybe not in the way I would have wanted.

Sometimes YES.

Sometimes NO.

Sometimes WAIT.

However, He tells us whatever we ask in His name He will do.


Why is it I am always amazed when God answers a prayer "my" way?

Let's think on this.... we are told to come boldly to the Throne of Grace. God wants us to talk with Him like we would if He were right in front of us in person. Yet, when we talk to Him, as I did last night, we put limitations on what He can do.

As I prayed for my friend last night I prayed that God would allow me to hear from that friend. I then said "Well... I know he probably won't let me know how he is, but please let me hear from him."

Did I just put God in a box?

Uh, YEAH.

I stopped in my prayer and asked God to forgive me for putting limits on Him and that if it was HIS WILL that my friend would let me know how he is, then I would hear from him.

Guess who heard from her friend this morning through email?

Guess who sat in front of her computer with her mouth open and a smile on her face?

Last week when I prayed for more time in my days so I could get everything done that was needed, I looked back on my days and was "amazed" at how much I got accomplished. I got done all that was needed... and even had some time left to do other things.

I think it is good to be awe-inspired when God answers the prayers exactly as we pray.

BUT.....

Shouldn't we also be awe-inspired that God cares enough for us to answer our prayers according to His will which may not be what we asked....but is even better than we thought?

It should amaze us that God cares so much for tiny old us that He hears our prayers. God is so big that we can't comprehend how big He is, but He is so personal that He can see to the smallest details of our lives.

This reminds me of the Chris Tomlin song "Indescribable"..... He is our AMAZING God.

No comments: