Sunday, April 24, 2011

04/24/11

Matthew 28:6
He is not hear: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.


The Sign of the Empty Egg

In a schoolroom was a boy with Down Syndrome. Some of the kids like to make fun of him. One warm spring day the teacher gave each of the students a big empty plastic egg. Then she sent them outside to find signs of life and put them inside the egg.

Soon they returned. Inside one student's egg was a butterfly. In another was an ant. Others had collected flowers, twigs, blades of grass. But one egg had nothing in it. Everyone knew whose it was, and the kids laughed at the boy. The teacher asked him why he had not put anything inside his egg to show signs of life. Without a hint of embarrassment, he said, "Because the tomb was empty."

That boy understood a profound truth - a truth each of us should tell someone about. The empty tomb was a sign of life. It indicated that Jesus Christ had risen from the dead! It's a miracle that is even better than the return of life in spring.

See What a Morning! - Keith and Kristyn Getty.... love this song!





A cupcake for our Easter party one of my parents made for school. They were just too pretty to eat!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Love the story & that cupcake is amazing! HOpe you've had a blessed Easter!

Mich said...

I have always loved that story.

Hope you had a beautiful day celebrating!

Sandy said...

Kellie,
Please send me an email so I'll have your email.... I can't find it!
The racks came from Walmart. I told Steve one day when he was going there that I needed a couple of new racks & that's what he brought me! They are really great. They are coated, so nothing sticks to them, & I've just been wiping them off when I finish because w/the cookies, they don't really get anything on them.

Amy said...

What a beautiful cupcake!