Tuesday, April 12, 2011

04/12/11

More cherry blossoms... full tree view. :)
So I am thinking yesterday I was a bit stressed.

The Lord reminded me this morning to be thankful.

Be thankful my kids are learning.

Be thankful I have a job.

Be thankful I have energy... even when it is not at its peak.

In teacher's meeting this morning our devotion was on dwelling on the promises of God instead of the problems we face. Our principal read from the book Good to Great in God's Eyes by Chip Ingram. It spoke volumes to me:

Here are some ways we talk ourselves out of believing the promises of God and focusing on the problem instead of His promises.

"We aren't going to have enough to support ourselves."

"My God will supply all your needs according to his riches in glory" (Phil. 4:19)

"I'm so overwhelmed with all that's happening; I'm not sure how long I can hang on."

"God's grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness" (II Cor. 12:9)

"I know that's what God wants me to do, but I just can't. It's too hard."

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:13)

"I don't want to go through this alone."

"I am with you always" (Matt. 28:20)

"I'll never be able to forgive her for what she did."

"If you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you" (Matt. 6:14)

We all need those reminders.

I hope today you rely on the promises of God instead of listening to the lies of Satan.

What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

Geoff said...

Thank you, Kellie, for reminding me to be always be listening for *the* Voice of truth (Phil 4:8). I will have to look for that book!

mc said...

Loved this devotion, Kellie.

SandyM said...

I am thankful for all the reminders you post on here, day after day, of how God wants me to live! And I'm thankful for you!