Sunday, April 17, 2011

04/17/11

Isaiah 40:12
Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?

Isaiah 40:15
Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.

Little did I realize a week ago when I chose the picture I would post for today how true these verses would be reality in my own life.

Yesterday, as most people know by now, a huge set of storms with tornadoes came through North Carolina. We had a tornado pass by just a 1/4 mile from us. Lots of damage near us. We are so thankful for the Lord's protection over us.

We were in the bathroom. The kids were scared. Mikayla was crying and we were all praying.

I can't explain it, but I had a huge peace even in my fear. I just kept telling the kids that God knows where we are and He is in control.

Even though there have been deaths reported which I know will increase when people are finding out more today, I know God is in control of all that went on yesterday and previous days in other states.

God is good.

Even when our homes have been destroyed.

Even when lives are lost.

We must have faith and remember GOD IS GOOD.

Let us praise Him today on this Palm Sunday for how He protected many. It could have been a lot more fatalities and damages.

He holds us in the palm of His hands.

He will never leave us or forsake us.

Praying for those families who have lost everything and lost loved ones.

God IS good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying! Hugs!

Sandy said...

I just told Steve that it is a miracle that there weren't lots more fatalities when you see the devastation & how widespread it is! God IS good all the time!

Gretchen said...

So glad you are all okay. It was a scary afternoon in NC!

Mich said...

Hate the storms. But
I know God is always there.

praying for you and your community.

wendy said...

I'm glad to hear you were ok. Did it affect many families from your school?

Sandy said...

I can't find your email address... but I'm hoping you are okay. I am wondering since you haven't blogged since Sunday.... Just checking!