Friday, April 08, 2011

04/08/11

More cherry blossoms for your enjoyment.



My enjoyment will be to survive tonight.

There are 7 children heading to my home this evening.... to celebrate my two kiddos.

Six will be spending the night.... with my two.

We have requested no presents to be brought.... the kids coming are present enough.

There will be no goodie bags. I am feeding them and letting them spend the night. That is "goodie" enough. :)

We have hotdogs to grill.

We have chili to make.

Water balloons have been made and are ready to be used.

Cake will be eaten.

Memories will be made.

I hope I make it past 8:00. If I fall asleep I may wake up with shaving cream all over me.

Oh, the joys of birthday sleepovers!

2 comments:

wendy said...

I hope you survived! I'm sure the kids had a blast, goodie bags or not. And I love your new header picture. Very pretty!

Sandy said...

What a great concept (concerning the gifts & goodies)! It seems they get to an age that it is hard to think of gifts (because most kids have nearly everything they want), so moms end up buying useless "stuff" just to have a gift to offer. Then some of the parties seem to have the guests going home with more than the birthday person! Not sure when that whole "goodie bag" thing got started, but I think it's just a marketing idea...
Hope you had a great time!