Thursday, September 02, 2010

09/02/10


I have been working on re-doing the teacher workroom in our building at school. It has needed an update for a long time... the border in the room and bathroom area were around 16 years old. Get the picture?

Well, it has been fun creating something new for the teachers to enjoy. I wanted an "oasis" for the moments we get to go use the bathroom... if we actually GET to use the bathroom. ha!

Today was the day the pictures were going to be hung on the walls and the cabinet hung in the bathroom. I knew I had a lot to do today but my time was not so much. ha!

As I was in the bathroom getting ready this morning I began to get a bit restless over all I had to do. I heard a "still small voice" tell me "Talk to Me about it!" So I began to pray and ask the Lord to multiply my time today.

I know I shouldn't be surprised when He did.

But I was....

My day flowed extremely well and even though I had lots to do, I got everything accomplished except for one little project with my students that I can do tomorrow. I kept looking at the clock and finding I had extra time all day.

I am thankful God helped me in that little thing I needed.

I was reminded how I need to remember to take EVERYTHING to Him in prayer.

2 comments:

mc said...

Can I just confirm that a spruced up bathroom makes you feel good as a teacher?! It makes you feel so professional! Just a little thought there!

wendy said...

I hope you're going to share before & after pictures with us. I've taught in schools where there are teacher bathrooms. My current school, not so much.