Wednesday, April 01, 2009

04/01/09

Nine years ago today..... One at 5:46pm and one at 6:30pm...

I just can't believe my April Fool's "babies" are nine years old. I have had some moments, I must admit. It seems NINE has hit me hard and I am not quite sure why. Maybe it is because I know this is the last year for them to have a single digit for their age. I just look at them sometimes and wonder where in the world time has gone.

They were SO excited. I have sung to them many, many times today. I put candles in their oatmeal at breakfast, too. lol It was a FUN day for them both as many people wished them a Happy Birthday and they received many calls. They finally got a Wii. (We are not gaming people .... sorry Sal and Casey.... but we don't mind them having a Wii because they are active while playing.) They were BEYOND excited. I'll have to share that picture later... lol

I cherish my babies.... who will ALWAYS be my babies... and am thankful to the Lord for all He has done for them. They have been healthy and are doing wonderfully.

Here are some "flashback" pictures as I remembered today. All of the "old" ones were taken the day after they were born.

DO NOT laugh at my loveliness.... On top of having mega short hair, I was in shock and had not had a lot of sleep at this point. lol

Precious little Wesley

"Babydoll" Mikayla

Taken today between the times of their births (Wesley 5:46 and Mikayla 6:30 pm)
I am so blessed. My Mommy moments are emotional.... Cherish the days.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

I am with you on the Mommy moments! Happy birthday to your beautiful 'babies'.

Amy said...

I loved seeing those pictures!! Seems like yesterday doesn't it??? I am so glad they had a wonderful day!

We will be hitting double digits in July. It is already making me a bit emotional. Time just goes by WAY TOO fast :::sniff sniff::::

mc said...

Ok, thanks Kellie... Will turns 10 on the 28th and now I am crying! The last 27 days in single digits! How time does fly! I will always think of your babies when I met them at 18months. They were SOOOOOO cute! Still are! :) Have fun!

Amy said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Wesley & Mikayla! I loved seeing the photos of them when they were born. :)

Gretchen said...

Oh Kellie! What a precious post!
I loved the picture of you all in the hospital. Two bundles, priceless!

And your hair? I never knew it to be that short! I just thought it was pulled back in a pony tail.
I had a short-hair crisis right after our second baby was born. What was I thinking?!