Saturday, January 21, 2006

Flea market and friends

I went to the flea market with one of my best friends today. It was SO much fun. We went without our kids and just had the best time. I bought these two purses. I am quite proud of myself. If you knew what I was like with purses before a year ago you would have passed out when you saw these. I used to be a one purse for five or more years woman. Usually the purses were of a practical color with compartments. My friends had been trying to get me to change for years but I refused. One of my friends secretly gave me a "more hip" purse at Christmas last year but I took it back because it "just wasn't me"...little did I realize my friend had gotten it for me!! ha! Anyway, I had bought a purse last winter that I thought was much more "hip" and all but when my best friend saw it she just turned her nose up and said "Oh...well, I wouldn't have bought it for myself, but if you like it..." I was devastated because I just KNEW she would be proud of me. HA! At the end of the school year last year one of my students gave me a cute purse with my initial in it and it was definitely one I couldn't "take back". SO....that began to open my eyes to the possibilities! I began to realize I didn't need to take everything with me in my purse that I "thought" I had to have. I also found out the compartments only limited what I actually COULD fit in my purse. It was actually quite freeing. HA!! Since then I have acquired a Tinkerbell, Alice in Wonderland, Butterfly and black John Deere purse. The purses I got today are quite cute and I bought them more spur of the moment than I normally do. (I usually walk around with something for a long time before talking myself out of it as I leave the store...) It was quite exciting and I can't wait to use them. I think I am going to use the black one with pink, orange and green circles first. :) Wesley LOVED the John Deere purse and took it around with him today. We made sure he understood that he didn't need to do that after today! :)

My friend and I also went out for lunch and then went shopping at Kohl's. We found more good deals on winter things they are trying to get rid of. It is nice to buy something a lot cheaper! I bought two new sweaters. I am trying to update my wardrobe. I have watched the show "What Not to Wear" a few times and have learned a great deal. HA! I am trying to weed out things that make me look too large or things that I have had since before I had children that I KNOW I will never make it back into. hee hee... Anyway, we had such a great time today. I was disappointed when it came time to get back to reality.

Tonight we went up to Mom and Dad's because they cooked supper for our friends that helped us so much when Mom was so sick and in the hospital. The husband is an ER doctor and he was in the ER when Mom was admitted. His wife is a critical care nurse and she was able to help us understand things as well. We all wanted to thank them for what they did for us and this meal has been in the works for a while. We just had to coordinate schedules. We had a great time together. We are good friends with them now, anyway, so it made it even more fun. Hearing him talk about Mom's illness tonight reminded me of just how close we were to losing her. She truly was sick woman and she is definitely a miracle. If people out there do not believe in God they just need to look at my Mom because God put His healing touch on her. There is no way she would have been on this earth right now if it hadn't been for the Lord. I continue to praise Him for what He did for her.

Oh...I managed to take a few pictures today of a tree with rain droplets on it. I'll post those another night, though. I worked hard on my photographic homework the past two days. HA!!

Take time to enjoy your loved ones and friends today. :)

No comments: