Friday, January 20, 2006

Was Jesus wearing flip-flops

That is what Mikayla asked me tonight when I read them their Bible story. I have been reading about where Christ died on the cross and the Bible book I am reading has pictures. They were both looking at it and Mikayla said "Was Jesus still wearing His flip-flops?" I HAD to laugh at that one. I asked her if she meant sandals. :) How sweet is that?

I came home today, got out my camera and went around taking pictures of trees/branches in the yard. I told y'all it would be my goal to try to make them interesting. I don't know if they are interesting or not, but here is one. ha! This is of a branch on our maple tree in our front yard. I don't know if these would be considered blooms or what. I am so not a botanist. ha! Anyway, it has been so warm here I wondered if it was trying to start springing forth with new life. Who knows...I thought it was interesting. I had the BEST time going around taking pictures. I also took some of Wesley and Mikayla that were quite cute/silly. I shared those through email. When Steve got home I went inside and decided I'd "take a nap"...well, that didn't quite happen because a little person came in to give me kisses. That was fine to be disturbed for that. She came in a second time and brought me these hinbits from our yard. (Did you know hinbit has a square stem??? My brother taught me that and I actually remembered something he told me so he should be proud!) It is, of course, a weed, but a pretty one. I even took a picture of some before she even came in with her little bundle. Here are her pics with that. She is always trying to think of ways to give me flowers. I used to love picking hinbit myself when I was little. :)

I am so glad today is Friday. I have come to LOVE Friday's more than I ever thought. When I got home I did not clean my house...do you think that bothered me? Not in the slightest. I was going to go to the grocery store today but it wasn't in me to fight the traffic. I did exactly what I wanted to do....took pictures of my babies and God's Creation, chilled on the couch and now am hanging out IN FRONT OF THE FIRE with Steve. :) I love being home with nowhere to go. Those are really happy times for me. Home is definitely where my heart is.

Well, I am going to go enjoy more of that fireplace. At least it is cold enough around here at night to have one. The days are hot, though....I literally broke out in a sweat at school today! Oh well...weird winter.

Enjoy the little blessings of your life today like I did in mine. :)

No comments: