Sunday, January 29, 2006

Lazy Sunday

Here is one of my favorite pictures I took of the farm last week. It is of one of the silos. I am loving how blue the sky looked against the color of the silo. My Daddy used to climb that silo many a day! I wouldn't trust it to climb today but it would be interesting.

Speaking of farms, I found out today that my uncle's farm that is not far from here will be torn down in the next few months. My aunt has already moved (my uncle died almost 9 years ago) and had called Mom to let her know about the barns being torn down. I am planning on going out there and taking pictures of how it was/is right now. It just makes me sad to know all of what I was used to growing up is being replaced or torn down for something larger and "better" but, in my opinion, it isn't better. Gone are the days of growing up on a farm around here. That continues to be something I hate my children will never know. At least with my pictures I can preserve the past as much as possible.

We didn't do much this afternoon like I had "planned." We did work on the kids AWANA verses, reading and their Kindermusik but in the middle of all of that Steve and I fell asleep! He had fallen asleep in our room after working with them on their verses and I pretty much passed out on the couch after working with one of them read. ha! They had fun this afternoon getting into all kinds of "creative" stuff, some of which they had spilled (water for painting) and had to clean up! It was nice to actually take a nap. I had better enjoy it because this week is going to be rather crazy so I know a nap will not be anywhere in sight! After we finished working with the kids they watched a movie before I read to them and put them to bed. They were tired.

I got to scrapbook a little this afternoon. I had wanted to do more but time wouldn't allow. I am still "stuck in a rut" with all of my Christmas pages. I'll get done with those hopefully by next weekend. :)

Well, off to get ready for another week. I want to go and read..since I had a nap this afternoon I should be able to read more than a page! ha! Have a great one! :)

No comments: