Monday, January 23, 2006

Trying to be Rachel Ray

Today's picture is of bare branches...with no snow on them... I was working on that picture thing with these! This one isn't one of my favorites, but I thought I would show it anyway! :)

I tried to be Rachel Ray tonight for supper. Every now and then it comes out in me, but my previous posts about cooking still stand. HA!! Anyway... I was doing chicken tonight (shock, I know...) and I didn't want to do it the "same old way" I have done it before so I went to the fridge and pulled out what I had. I called my brother for a little advice on what I was thinking of doing and he assured me I would do well with it. :) I took the chicken breasts and cut them up into smaller pieces, "dipped" them in sour cream and put them in the pan. (OH! I can't forget that I followed his directions and salt and peppered them before I did this.) I then melted a stick of butter and then put stuffing in it and mixed that up and then poured it over my chicken. (I found that I really wanted bread crumbs but stuffing was all I had.) I then put Mozarello cheese on it and baked it for an hour. It turned out quite well! I was pretty tickled with myself. :) Steve and the kids liked it so I passed that test!

Wes didn't have the best day in the world due to not wanting to do his work at school so this evening we got the privilege of doing more work. :) Now, this wasn't from his teacher...it was from his MOMMA. (But..it also caused Momma to have a lot more homework tonight, too! Over an hour between the two munchkins...) I think he has learned his lesson that he is going to do his work because that is what is expected out of him not "because he didn't want to..." He knows now that if he goofs off in school there is no play time at home and all work! HA!! Bless his heart...he has so much to learn. (Of course, I still do, too!)

It was actually cold today! Most of us were in shock because it has been in the 60's and 70's so it was nice, but still shocking. I still wish it would snow. We just need one good snow where we are out of school a day or so and get to play in it. We'll see what February brings because January hasn't brought anything! ha! I still have a fire tonight, though, thanks to my wonderful husband! :)

I have a pile of children's clothes waiting for me to fold. I am not glad about that, but know it has to be done. I guess it is time for me to close so I can get that going. Have a great day!

No comments: