Monday, January 16, 2006

Trouble by the double! :)

This is the picture I took of the moon that evening. I wish I had of had my other lens on to get closer, but this will do, I guess. It is no award winning photograph, but I do love the look of the moon.

Wesley and Mikayla got in trouble today during NAP time! ha! Wesley got in trouble more because he had already been warned. Miss Mikayla decided to share all of that information with me as soon as I came into my room from duty this afternoon. (She's all about sharing any info. that makes her look "better.") We had a serious talk tonight and then when Steve got home there were consequences. I also told Mikayla she needs to take care of herself and not Wesley. She is such a sister....ha!

We began something new in their homework tonight, and, oh my....it took twice as long! I worked with them for a half hour each..that was a long hour. I even fell asleep at one point while I was working with Wesley. He eventually got up and left!! After teaching all day it is hard to stay awake while working with them on this type of thing. They are still working hard and have come a long way, but I know they still have a long way to go, too. I hope every night doesn't take that long!!

Last night Steve and I watched "Iron Chefs" from the Food Network. (My brother will be so proud.) My brother and parents had talked about it at lunch yesterday so we thought we'd check it out last night. That is a pretty neat show! I learned a few things, which I forgot by this morning, but at least I learned them at the moment. Cooking is just not my thing. I wish with all my being that what I dream about is going in a making gourmet meals for my family...it isn't. I do what I have to do because I have to do it. Steve cooks more than I do during the school year. ha! At this time in my life I am doing good to get "basic cooking" tackled, let alone adding other things to it. My brother has taught me lots, though, and I realize I COULD do it, but it is not always in me. That is why if I ever bake or cook for people....I REALLY love them. hee hee Maybe it is because I have a great desire to go out and take pictures so much... Or maybe it is because I am so bogged down with the kids and other things around the house I can't seem to find that desire that, I assume, is hidden down deep. WAY deep. My brother says it is there. Hmm....I just don't know some days. :)

I took my student helper out to eat tonight. This was actually her Christmas present from me but we couldn't get our schedules right over the holidays. It was a nice time. She is so sweet and I enjoyed my time with her. I took her to a place where it is a buffet. I love this place because they have soups and salads and tonight they had my favorite soup...Cream of Mushroom. Well, I didn't want to look like a pig in front of this teenager so I only had ONE BOWL!!!! I usually eat TWO! HA!! I had "saved" up for this meal all day long, too. They also had another of my favorite soups tonight. I am pretty bummed that I didn't just go back and get more, but I didn't feel that was the most important thing...stuffing my face while she eats a small meal. Of course, I could blame it on being a mother/teacher and that I needed the calories to teach and keep up with Wesley and Mikayla. ha! Next time I'll try that...... :)

I must say I felt "old" compared to her. It is a different place to be from where I always thought I fit in life. Why would someone want to look up to ME when I am still learning myself!???? ha!! I find myself becoming like and saying things like my Mom. Not all bad, but definitely something I never thought would happen when I was a teenager. Ha!!!! Of course, when you are a teenager you know everything, when you get out of college you could do brain surgery blindfolded, when you get married you start realizing you aren't as smart as you thought, but you still know A LOT....and when you have been married a while and have kids...well, you begin to feel stupid and don't know what you are doing most days. ha! I find the older I get the less I know and the more ignorant I feel. Of course, that is what the Lord wants, in a way, because we become more dependent on HIM and less on ourselves. :)

Steve had the fire going when I got home..what a welcome sight and feel to me! I have not enjoyed these warm days around here. It has not felt like winter at all. Of course, the bright side of it is that we aren't using up a lot of heat which is making that cheaper. Try to find a bright spot in every dark cloud.

Well, it is off to bed soon. It won't be long before I have to head off to dreamland. Maybe I'll get more than one chapter read in my book tonight? I remember the days I could stay up late and get a book read in 2 days. Those days are gone for now! :) Enjoy your day!

No comments: