Friday, January 27, 2006

Ice skating anyone?

Here is another pic from around the farm. This is the front of my Daddy's old tractor. I love this picture...I guess it is the colors as well as the vented backdrop of it. I just thought it turned out neat.

Today I was a teacher for an hour but then I was able to leave and be a Mommy the rest of the day. The kids had a field trip to a local ice skating rink and Steve and I went. We really had a great time. I was nervous at first because I wasn't sure how we would do but everything worked out great! Steve had NEVER been ice skating or roller skating in his life so this was definitely a new adventure. He was funny...he kept worrying that he was going to break his leg or something and miss his golf trip he has planned in a month. The kids had to wear their bicycle helmets to protect them. It was a good thing, too!! (Yes, Wesley's is a John Deere one...We couldn't find Mikayla girl a butterfly one!) Wesley didn't like the ice skating at first but he finally got the hang of it. I just didn't want him to quit because I thought he would enjoy some of it if he would just hang with it. I haven't been skating in years and was a bit nervous but I did OK...but Steve...well, he just became a world renowned "figure skater" in 30 minutes. HA!! He was going to the middle of the ice rink and taking the kids out there while I continued to cling to the side. ha! If I got too fast I had to slow myself down before I did something that would not make my body happy in the morning. I was amazed at how badly my ankles hurt. Those ice skaters we will see in a couple of weeks in the Olympics have my complete admiration. HA!!! Miss Mikayla did an awesome job from the start! She started "skating" on her own and kept on the whole time! She clung to the wall more like ME but when Steve took her out to the middle she did great!!!!! It was really a fun day. Steve has said he wants to do it again.... I'm not sure about that, but, hey...I guess we could. ha!

It was so nice to be off today. I have never done that before and, wow..it was great. Normally I am the one in charge of the field trip and worried over my students, but today all I had to worry about was my own two and that wasn't a stresser at all!! :)

We cleaned the house together this afternoon so we could get it done faster. Now, there are parts that are still disastrous, but it looks a lot better than it did when we left this morning! Some of our best friends came over tonight so we could celebrate the husband's birthday. We had a great time together and we all were able to sit by the fire. We didn't drink hot chocolate but we had some AWESOME chocolate birthday cake. Our local bakery that I love surely put a good spin on THAT cake! Oh my word....thankfully, they let us keep some so I can get another chocolate fix tomorrow. ha!!!

Steve is going to be cutting wood tomorrow....I am thankful so that we'll have more wood for our fireplace. :) My brother and I will be taking the kids on an outing that I'll share about tomorrow and then we'll be scrapbooking the rest of the afternoon. Maybe I can get done with my Christmas pictures!!!!

Well, off to try and read a bit before I head off to la-la land. I am so glad it is the weekend. :)

No comments: