Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Homework....oh, the joy

I took this picture near my Father-in-law's when we were there for Thanksgiving. We don't seem to be having any snow around here so I really can't give you any winter pictures!!!! SPRING? Things are beginning to bud out around here. It is so windy here tonight that we can't have a fire...it would cause smoke to blow back into the house. Something about the way our chimney is and the fact we are on a "hill". Anyway, I am bummed about that.

Let's just say that homework is becoming more and more interesting. It took me 45 minutes with Wesley today. I thought I was going to pass out. He is just so slow because he is trying to figure out the words and I can't handle much of that after teaching all day. Plus, he wasn't fully paying attention to me. He'd go much faster if he would just stay focused. Mikayla did better but it was because I warned her beforehand because I had just worked with Wesley for so long! Poor thing...she didn't have a chance today. I had ZERO patience for her. She only took around 15 minutes. By that time I was wiped. Thankfully we went out to eat tonight to our favorite Mexican restaurant. Of course, you all know how I feel about cooking, but truly during the school year...that is the LAST thing I desire to do. Steve had a great idea with going out.

Wesley was quite cranky this morning due to the fact he stayed awake too long last night looking at one of his scrapbooks. While I am thrilled he loves to look at them....when it comes time for bed he needs to get on to sleep! I can't stand the whines I get early in the morning when that child doesn't get enough sleep. We have made a rule about it now so he knows not to break it or he'll get in trouble.

I am ready to have a long hot shower and settle down for the evening. I have clothes to fold and then I'll probably be off to never never land. You know those chapters I was wanting to read last night???? Well, they never happened because I fell asleep on the couch in front of the fire
last night and then woke myself up long enough to walk to bed and fall in it. I was glad I had taken out my contacts first!!

Well, off to calm my nerves....again. ha! Enjoy your day!

No comments: