Wednesday, November 17, 2010

11/17/10

Yesterday we had the fun opportunity to start watching Mikayla's piano teacher's newborn son. Her Mom has been here since he was born and has been keeping him since lessons began 2 weeks ago, but she is now leaving for home.

When Wesley realized we would be taking care of him yesterday he had this conversation with me:

Wesley: "Mom, do you remember how to do all of that diaper changing stuff from when you had us?"

Me: "Yes... why?"

Wesley: "Good! I just didn't think I could do all of that!"

It surely was nice holding a little baby.

It surely was nice getting to leave and go home to my life now. lol


Our fall leaves have peaked this week. They have really turned out to be more beautiful than I originally thought.

However, last night changed all of that.

Anyone in my area hear the WINDS that blew through here last night?

We really don't have a lot of leaves left on the trees... they are in the yard.

We even have a lot of branches and other items in the yard.

My best friend's grill blew off their deck and took some of the deck pickets with it.

It wasn't a tornado but it surely sounded like something big out there! Thankful that the Lord took care of us through the storm!

Please make a comment about any stories from last night you would like to share.

Or just SHARE with me. :)I really am missing the comments.

4 comments:

wendy said...

Don't you wish that comments we think would automatically go to the blog we're thinking about? That would be nice. My kids made turkeys today. I'll try to post them soon. They used wallpaper samples in a pattern for the feathers. Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed today's piano lesson more than any other I've attended! Ahhh...to hold a newborn again and ooh and aah and cuddle with him was so sweet. I am currently glad that I won't be getting up for the middle of the night feeding as I type this.

Last night's storm...well...nothing, I mean NOTHING ever wakes me up. I slept right through Hurricane Fran, but last night woke me up! I heard what I had heard described as a freight train and just knew we were about to be in a tornado. I was quite concerned and was ready to get the kids up and into the downstairs bathroom. I prayed for God's protection and within a few minutes, all of that noise was gone. Amazing how fast it was in...and out.

Is this enough commenting? I do love reading your blog so I must remember to comment so you know :-)

Kim

Sandy M. said...

I was up when it first came through here, about 11:45. It came suddenly w/really hard rain blowing sideways that lasted about 5 minutes. Then it seemed it was all done, but after about 5 minutes there was thunder & lightening that went on for about 2 minutes; then a 2 minute break; then same again. That went on for quite a while, & I finally went to bed a little after 12. Not much blown around here when I looked out this AM, but I think we got about an inch of rain!

mc said...

There are hundreds of red maples lining the main street of our neighborhood. Yesterday, I thought, oh they are almost at peak color! Then, just like you, as I heard the winds last night, I knew what the trees would look like today. Oh well, they were so pretty, now they are all on the ground! I, too, am thankful for safety in that big wind!