Sunday, November 07, 2010

11/07/10


John 14:1-3
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

My Pastor spoke on this last week. He shared it in a way that I have never thought of before. He said Jesus preparing a place (or room) for us is like an expectant couple preparing their room for their new baby. They try to put into that room all of the things the baby would love and make it especially for the baby.

What a wonderful way to think of the Lord preparing a place for me! He knows my loves and is making a place that is as special as I am in His eyes.

During the sermon Wesley looked at me and smiled. He leaned over and said "My room will be filled with tractors!"

Amen, Wes... Amen. :)

2 comments:

wendy said...

We just talked about these verses in Sunday School yesterday. Our topic in Fearless for the week was The Fear of Death - why we are afraid to die and why we shouldn't be. And we were sharing what we felt heaven was going to be like when we got there and Phil505, true to form, said that he thinks my mansion is going to be all set up for scrapbooking :) So I'm with Wesley on this one.

mc said...

Precious!