Monday, November 01, 2010

11/01/10

I thought I would show some of our fun fall things we've been doing. :)

We got our pumpkins during the first of October but with all of the fair preparations our pumpkins didn't get painted until a week or so later!

Here are Wesley and Mikayla working hard on the design.

Wesley was trying to paint the teeth. lol

Mikayla even decorated the back of her pumpkin...

It is always fun to watch them paint. Now that they are older I don't do so much!

Steve and Boogie joined in the fun.

Wesley's PIRATE pumpkin

Mikayla's pumpkin she named "Patricia" :)

The whole family!

A couple of weeks ago the kids got to have Tacky Day in their class because of earning all of their "compliments." My two decided to enjoy it... especially Mikayla. She asked for the blue wigs they wore when they were Thing 1 and Thing 2 many years ago for Halloween.

Wesley wasn't as "into" the dressing, but the wig was hilarious.

Mikayla was much more excited about this, can you tell?

You would never know this was taken around 6:15 am, would you?

Last week at AWANA at church the kids dressed up as Bible characters.

Mikayla dressed up as Queen Esther. I did her makeup. When I began putting it on her she got all giddy and said she had been waiting so long for that. lol I informed her she would still be waiting a long time for the real deal.

Wesley was, well... it switched all night long. At first it was a shepherd, then it was Peter, then he told the one who was judging the costumes that he was a "Bible Man"....
Notice how Steve made his beard and mustache.

I was thankful for a parent who long ago gave me these costumes in case we ever needed them for our play at school. My children enjoyed wearing them. :)

Last but not least... we dressed up and got us some candy the other night.
Mikayla was a nerd.... hilarious.

Those are "freckles" on her face... not chicken pox.

Wesley was a hunter/Daniel Boone. We have been watching a lot of Daniel Boone's on the Christian station we get on satellite so he has been all about that lately. Too bad we didn't have a coonskin hat!


Only Wesley would find a toad instead of getting candy.....

We have had lots of fun making family memories.

What kinds of family memories have you made so far this fall?

4 comments:

mc said...

Loved the comment about Mikayla and makeup! LOL. Glad you're making her wait. As for fall memories, we all watched Will dress up and get candy. Kind of strange since Harrison is just too old now- it's just Will!

Gretchen said...

No matter what they have on, they're adorable!

Sandy said...

These are all so cute!
I "made up" G.'s girls when they were here & they loved it (Mama, not so much...) But then we talked about how much more important their inner beauty is.
Well, everything I've been doing this fall is on my blog (with more to come!) We've probably done more this fall than ever! But I'm ready to go home (my honey is already there & I miss my gal & her fam.!)

wendy said...

1. the annual trip to Burgerville for pumpkin milkshakes (my personal fave).
2. we bought new living room furniture.
3. we planted daffodil & tulip bulbs.
4. I can't think of anything else.