Sunday, October 25, 2009

10/25/09

Here are three of the time lapse pictures I tried at the fair. I'll post more in the next few days because there were just too many. I have never done time lapse photos like this before.... a friend of mine taught me how to do them. It takes time and a bit of figuring on how long you want your shutter to stay open to capture the movement of the ride. It was quite fun and a learning process all along. I love the lights at the fair and was so glad I could capture some of them last night. Click on each photo to notice more of the detail.

This is of the swings. We had just ridden those with the kids.... I hadn't ridden those since I was about their age. I soon realized why when the thing lifted into the air and began hurdling us all around the air. I began thinking things like "I could fly off of this thing and land who knows where and be gone!" I didn't think that ride would end fast enough!!!! I felt much better once my feet were securely on the ground again. My first few minutes off even THAT was a bit shaky!

This was when the swings were at the top speed and the highest. Click on it to notice the "ghosts" of the people in the swings.

This was as the swing top was coming back down to "land."
Another view of the swings.... I changed my coloring on the camera to appear more white. This one was taken really quickly as I saw it moving and decided at the last minute to try it again. lol

It is a bit sad that the fair is over today. I'm always like that each year. It rained yesterday and made a few hours a bit difficult, but overall it was nice because people left when it rained or stayed away. LOL We had no trouble getting on the rides which is unusual since we always go on Saturdays and they are crowded.

Tonight Daddy is bringing Steve and I ham biscuits and me a funnel cake when he comes home from working at the Milking Parlor there. The ham biscuits are from the Farmer's Market booth and we didn't get those yesterday. I didn't get MY funnel cake yesterday because Steve bought he and the kids one covered in chocolate, and, as I stated from last week, I prefer mine with plain old powdered sugar. :)

1 comment:

kathryn said...

Love this photo! How funny...when we went to Busch gardens, I rode the swings with my girls, which I had not done since I was in college...and the WHOLE time, I KNEW I was going to perish!! I could picture me flying off into the trees and I was so afraid when it stopped and vowed never to ride those again!! The girls remember me being a little stressed while riding it!! Love you!