Thursday, October 22, 2009

10/22/09


The Farmer's Market had some of the neatest displays this year. I just don't have that type of creativity. I am amazed at how people can take something "ordinary" and create something so beautiful.

Speaking of beautiful... it is a beautiful fall day today. I wish I had time to get out and capture those leaves.

Here is a fun History fact. I got some in an email recently. I can only share one today as when I copied and pasted they were messed up so I'll just have to type them in eventually. lol Enjoy the first one! I knew about a couple of them, but others were new to me!



Most people got married in June because they took their yearly bath in May,
and they still smelled pretty good by June. However, since they were
starting to smell . .. . brides carried a bouquet of flowers to hide the
b
ody odor. Hence the custom today of carrying a bouquet when getting married.

Off to finish up my day!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

lol...did you see the little painted pumpkin 'faces' at the farmers market? they were just the cutest!!!

Amy said...

I've read that history bit, I can't even imagine taking a bath once a year, I take one daily! :)