Thursday, October 01, 2009

10/01/09



Well.....

That is a deep subject, you know.

In fact, it is the subject I will discuss today.

At 5:00am when I was ready to take my shower to wake up for the day I turned on the faucet.... and nothing happened.

In the fogginess of my mind at that time of the morning I was trying to decide if it was cold enough yet to freeze pipes!

Nope... still too warm.

I tried the faucet again. Still nothing.

Hmmm.... time to wake up Steve.

He stumbles out of bed, gets ready and goes outside to figure out what is the problem. The problem wasn't a simple fix so no shower for me today. Let's just say the hair was in a pony tail... would you believe I had more compliments on my hair today than I have had in a long time!? ha!

Interesting.

Instead of stressing I decided to just trust in the Lord. I chose to clean my bathroom with cleaners that didn't require water to work. ha! I knew tonight was going to be crazy so the Lord just gave me a few extra minutes to do the bathroom this morning.

We found out our well pump had died. They "ain't" cheap, either.

Was I feeling a bit overwhelmed?

Yes... but I will say I was not as overwhelmed as I would have been in years past when things like this happened. I just kept telling myself that the Lord was in control and I had to trust. He is going to help everything to work out.

We now have water so I can vacuum and mop this evening.

I can wash clothes and we can get baths tonight.

It's amazing how much "halts" when you lose water!

I am thankful for the Living Water Who knows our needs and takes care of them, too. This will just make me even more thankful for running water in my home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, so sorry about that, that can sure put a halt to things. Thank the Lord you could get that fixed, He will always provide. I can just picture you in my mind when you realized you didn't have any water.Boy! what a way to wake up for Steve.

Gretchen said...

We have water, so could you come over to vacuum and mop for me? ;)

So glad you have your water back!

Katie said...

ahhhh sorry about your water predicament this morning...i've known the feeling recently myself and it is not a good one!
Sorry we couldn't make it happen this weekend with getting together, but we will make it happen soon!
Hope you have a great Sunday!

kt : )