Wednesday, October 21, 2009

10/21/09

Here are three pictures of the fireworks from the fair. These are "horrible"... handheld, cold, etc... NOT good for great shots. I did think the one of Wesley watching the fireworks was kind of neat and the one of the fireworks reflecting in the building (Dorton Arena for those of you around here....) was kind of neat.



Firework reflections in the Dorton Arena.

Today was Book Character Day at school. The kids have to dress up as a character in a book and bring the book with them. We have a special chapel where the kids get to parade, etc.. Most of the teachers get to dress up, too. I've had whiskers since 5:45 this morning. LOL

Mikayla was "Trixie Belden"... anyone ever read those mystery books? They were written in the 1950's, I believe, and I used to read them. I loved them... I think even more than Nancy Drew. I got Mikayla hooked on them this summer and that is who she wanted to be. The costume wasn't hard, but she did look more like an "every day" person. lol

Wesley is a Revolutionary War soldier. He looked cute in his outfit that we borrowed from a friend.

Here we are together in their room.

Closer pic of us... I am one of the kittens that lost her mittens. All of the second grade teachers dressed up that way. One of our teachers was the Mom of the kittens. LOL

Mikayla holding her Trixie Belden book

Wesley holding his Magic Treehouse book.... I can't remember the actual name at this moment but it had something to do with the Revolutionary War. lol

Last but not least.... this is their precious and wonderful teacher... OOPS.... substitute. Every year their teacher seems to take this day off of school and WHO should substitute????? That would be VIOLA SWAMP.
(...from the book Miss Nelson is Missing... which was one of my favorite books when I was a little girl.)

(She does an AWESOME job every year portraying this character!)

You will really need to click on these pictures to capture the essence of their teacher....er,
VIOLA Swamp.
"Viola" told me this afternoon she's getting too old for this. lol I told her that we loved her and she would forever be in my children's scrapbooks. Oh, what memories!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Book Character dress up day was by far my favorite dress up day EVER!
I really hate that I missed Ms. Swamp at school today... she is such a ray of sunshine! lol
Love your fair pics it looks like you had a great time and won lots! Congrats!!!!
love you : )

Morgan said...

I saw some of the cutest and most creative outfits coming out of that elementary building yesterday! You guys did a great job dressing up!!

Gretchen said...

Trixie Belden was my FAVORITE!

You looked purrrrfect!

The reflection off Dorton Arena is beautiful.
(Hunh. Those are words I never thought I'd put together) ;)

Amy said...

Everyone looks awesome and what a fun dress-up day to have! :)