Monday, October 19, 2009

10/19/09

We really love to eat at the fair.....

We love all of the smells as the waft their way through the air. There are so many things to try that there just isn't enough time or stomach room!

Funnel cakes are a must.... Knowing how I love chocolate, my dear children cannot understand why I do not like chocolate on my funnel cakes. I choose to enjoy the simple joy of powdered sugar only. Oh, the bliss.



Footlong hotdogs are also high on the list each year. I honestly don't eat hotdogs very much because of their "not so sure where it came from" meat. I usually buy all beef hotdogs much to the chagrin of my beloved husband who loves a bright red Carolina Packer. YUCK. SO... the fair is the only time I will succumb to enjoy one of those red delights.



Steve also loves his corndogs... goes right along with the Carolina Packer statement up above.


We also had the fried dill pickles again this year. I realized after Steve and the kids decided they'd pass after one bite that, OK, maybe they aren't something I have to have A LOT of, but at least try them. Last year Kevin and I shared a serving of them but this year we got our own serving of FIVE. I did wonder why they seemed to "grow" this year. lol

Yes, I'm talented. I can eat a deep fried dill pickle and take a picture at the same time.... You can't even see Kevin's pickle he was trying to show you!
Can you tell Mom was not really fond of the deep fried dill pickles? LOL!!!

It was so cold that we all had to have us some hot apple cider, coffee and hot chocolate. Boy, did it taste yummy!


Cotton Candy is always a must for the kids and Steve. (He's like a kid, anyway. :) ) I could take it or leave it. Daddy said he always thought it was like putting hair in his mouth. That is something I hadn't thought of.....


We can't forget the free samples of hushpuppies that we get from the House Autry Mills booth. It is right near the place you can get weighed.... now how awful is that!? Wesley dropped his because they were fresh out of the grease and were kind of hot. I sadly lovingly gave up my own for him. Then, my own sweet Daddy gave me one of his. We're just a sharing kind of family like that. lol :)


It was too cold to get ice cream this past Saturday. Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy that this coming Saturday.

More food to come this coming Saturday! We have to try everything we didn't get to this past week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were at the fair allllll day today and we made sure we found the "BEST IN THE SHOW" item right by your famous name. We also found the pic but not the scrapbook pages. I'm sure I must have seen the kids' stuff but with no names visible, just couldn't tell. I'm about pooped, but I love the fair and wouldn't miss it!

Kim

Morgan said...

I don't know how you all eat alllll that food and not need a truckload of Tums later! Cassie has a thing for those red footlongs too, so I 'enjoyed' one with her this year too!
Glad you guys had a great time!!!

Vonda said...

Looks like you had a great time! We took part in a lot of North Carolina culture while we lived there, but we could not embrace the Carolina Packer! That color is just not meant for human consumption!

Amy said...

Yummy!!!

Amy said...

Wow, you all really do enjoy the fair food! I've never heard of deep-fried dill pickles, but I do love pretty much anything with dill-pickles so I would have definitely tried them. :)