Tuesday, April 01, 2008

04/01/08

Oh, how can my babies be EIGHT today?! My April Fool's babies aren't so much babies anymore, are they? I reminisced all day long and thought of how I couldn't believe it has already been that many years. The picture of all of us today was taken between the times of their births. Wesley was born at 5:46 pm and Mikayla at 6:30. I do this picture every year. So much has changed in our lives from this day eight years ago. I can't imagine life without them! They bring us so much joy!

I started their day with singing to them when I got them up and then I fixed them their favorite oatmeal and put a candle in each one. lol They loved that... especially Wesley. Check out his hair!

Today was the first day they have ever been in school on their birthday. I think they loved the moments of having people sing to them or wish them a great day. It was neat being able to see them throughout the day and enjoy their moments with them. Steve came to lunch and brought Krispy Kreme doughnuts for their class! They loved those!

All day my mind kept going back to what was happening at that time of the day eight years ago. I guess I will always do that. I guess that is part of being a Mom.... the remembering. Those memories grow more and more precious.

Tonight we went out with Mom, Dad and Kevin then came back to the house for them to open their presents. Wesley got a new set of golf clubs and bag from us... ones that aren't old ones of Steve's cut down! lol Mikayla got the new American Girl doll, Julie. They also got clothes and other fun stuff. These sunglasses were something they have been wanting for a while so I knew they'd be a hit.

We loved the cake, of course. I ordered it from the same local bakery that I always order their cakes. They are AWESOME tasting cakes. Their cake had green and purple per their request. :)

It is hard to believe the day is already over. They had a blast but were quite tired when we finally got them to bed. It has been a long time since 5:30 am!

A neat thing that happened today was that my fellow teacher's son accepted Christ as his Savior! Many of us had been praying for him to fully know the joy of the Lord and His forgiveness. Today was his spiritual birthday! He told us this afternoon. We said he would always remember it happened on Wesley and Mikayla's birthday as well as April Fool's Day. He said it was weird that it happened on April Fool's Day. I told him it wasn't weird. It just showed he chose to leave the FOOLISH path he was on and become WISE by accepting Christ. He thought that was a neat way to look at it. I rejoice with him today. It was a sweet time and way to end the school day.

My "nature" picture for today is actually a small weed. This macro lens got up close the best I could. I took this on one of the first days I had the lens. It was challenging because I didn't use the tripod, but I thought it turned out pretty good. I know it may not look "that" large, but the first picture shows you how much smaller it is. The actual size of the flower on this weed is about a centimeter across or something like that. (didn't actually measure...)

I took a "zillion" pictures of tulips today at school. They are coming up all around and are SO pretty! I'll be sharing those in future posts. I LOVED how many of those turned out. Hope y'all like tulips. lol

Well, it truly has been an exciting and busy day. It is time for me to turn in. Thanking the Lord for my babies and that He has blessed them with another year of health and joy. What a memory remembered today...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Steve "Thank you" again for the Krispy Kreme --- he saved two for Angie and I --- claimed he had to fight kids off to save them! It was just the "pick-me-up" she and I needed this afternoon! Sugar highs at the front desk!! You know I sounded chipper as I answered the phone!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Happy Birthday to Wesley & Mikayla!!!
Please give them a hug from all of us. :-)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Wesley & Mikayla!!! Looks like they had a wonderful day.

Morgan said...

HAPPY, SNAPPY BIRTHDAY WESLEY AND MIKAYLA!!!!

What a day they had! I would have just taken the Krispy Kreme with a candle in it and would've been happy.

Kevin said...

The "weed" is chickweed...one of the few plants I can remember from Botany Systematics! I know the word "weed" is in the name of the plant, but I still don't like all the negative connotations that it presents. Maybe I will blog about it one day! I must say it's a very nice picture of something so "insignificant"!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Kiddos! Hope it was great!! Can't wait to see pictures from the party!

Ms. Glynis

Amy said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your adorable sweeties! Sounds like they had a really fun day!