Monday, April 14, 2008

04/14/08

I have been busy today on this day off of mine. :) It was great, though, to sleep in a bit and be on a less hectic schedule than I have had the past two weeks! I worked on my stuff for school most of the morning and got a majority of it accomplished. That is a relief.

Now I am working on getting the albums caught up on journaling for the kids birthday party in just a couple of weeks... I am in a bit of a panic that it is that close and I have really done nothing to prepare for it! Of course, it isn't like I have been sitting around twiddling my thumbs, either! I know it will get done. :)

The kids have spent all day with Mom. I think they have gone to my aunt's house, to the grocery store and a few other errands. I am glad they have had that time. It was also nice to have that time for me to concentrate on my school stuff.

Tomorrow is the day for the new washer/dryer! I am quite excited to do laundry tomorrow! ha! It is amazing what thrills us as we get older. lol

Since I have posted more dogwood pictures I wanted to also post the story of the Dogwood. My friend Morgan found it for me.... THANKS, Morgan!!! :) I have still had a great desire to continue to photograph the dogwood trees in our yard but have resisted since I took so many the other day. lol It is sad, I know...

Here is the story... hope you enjoy it. I am off to go journal some more.















It is said that at the time of the
crucifixion of Christ, the Dogwood
was a very large tree, big as an oak.
The Dogwood was so even-textured,
firm and strong that it was chosen
as the timber for the cross.
Thus to be used for such a cruel
purpose greatly distressed
the tree. Jesus sensed this.
He--who noted even the sparrow's fall--
whose last compassion was for
a repentant thief--
similarly forgave the repentant
Dogwood Tree for its unfortunate fate.

As he was nailed upon it,
he sensed the painful
remorse of the tree.
In gentle pity for all the sorrow
and suffering of every living thing,
he said to the tree,
"Because of your share of my suffering,
never again shall
the Dogwood Tree grow large enough
and strong enough to
be put to such a purpose as this."
He said, "Henceforth,
the Dogwood shall be slender
and bent and twisted,
that it might forever remain
unmolested by the tools of cruel men.
And the blossoms shall be
in the form of a cross.
Two long petals and two short.
And in the center of each petal
there will be nail prints,
Crown with rust and stained with red.
And in the center of the flower
will be a crown--of thorns.
And all who pass and see
the Dogwood tree.
Will remember me."

Author Unknown

3 comments:

Amy said...

Just beautiful!!! You're doing awesome on your focus, your composition is great too!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Great pictures as usual. I have to ask, seeing that we spent 20 minutes talking about them a few months ago, but did you get the front loading washer?

Morgan said...

BEEEEE-utiful!