Saturday, April 05, 2008

04/05/08













This first picture today is "The Little Insect That Could." I photographed it the other day as I was taking pics of the tulips. It isn't as sharp as I wanted because he was moving and the leaf was moving, but you can get the point. He had this huge raindrop on his back and kept trying to get over the "lip" of the leaf. I don't know whether he fully made it because I went to other tulips, but it was surely neat to watch for a bit.

That is how I felt last night as I was walking the 5K walk at school. Now, I didn't run over 3 miles like many of the parents did...(Go Kelly and Sherry!!!), which was a HUGE accomplishment, but I was proud of myself for the walk I was able to do. I have not exercised in a couple of years. I have always been a fast walker but to do it non-stop for a certain time period is different from "sprinting" here and there. At first I was going to walk at a steady little leisurely pace, but right before the race something came over me that I needed to prove that I could walk that thing as fast as I could. I wanted to see my time.

Foolish? Maybe.

Accomplished? Yes. :)

I was told we walked between 1.5 and 2 miles. I got on a roll and kept "trucking." Steve walked with me and chuckled when he saw me going and I pretty much left him "behind." He said I was going to be feeling it today, and I did, but not as badly as I had thought. I finished in 30 minutes or so. I wasn't quite sure what time we started but I believe that is about right. It made me feel good to know I could keep a movin' and pass a few people along the way. hee hee

Last night was crazy after the race. I set up my coffee booth for Super Saturday and then helped out with general things to get ready for the day. My friend and I didn't leave until after midnight. We then got back up and were back at school this morning at 6:30 ready to start the day.

We were concerned about the rain, as I mentioned in my post last night. Everything had to be moved inside. I chose to post my second picture since rain is something we knew we'd see today. :) Well, we kept praying, and the Lord definitely answered our prayer. He held off the heavy rain most of the day. We had a few periods of it, but nothing major where people couldn't be outside. I saw lots of people wet but they all still seemed to be having a great time. From what I understand we accomplished just about as much as we did last year. God is good. I knew He had the power to hold off the heavy rain and bad storms from our area and He chose to do so. It was all in His will. He truly receives all of the glory because it was out of our hands. We so desperately need the rain so we didn't want to complain, but we also knew a lot of time and energy went into planning this day. We wanted the entire day to be for God's glory.

I am exhausted and know I will sleep quite well tonight. I am off to spend some time with my family since I really haven't seen them much today. May you have a blessed evening. Coffee anyone?

4 comments:

Amy said...

WTG on the 5K!!! I LOVE your drops shots, you're doing so well with your macro lens!

Sal Cartusciello said...

A 5K!. Well that's new, and sounds like fun. Hopefullt it was a sucess, and they keep it going.

It has been a wet Super Saturday the last few years. Usually it rained the day before and made the field area a mess.

Glad it all went well.

Morgan said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 5k!!! Woohooo! The difference a year makes, huh?? Good goin' girl!!

The droplets are awesome...... Hope the coffee booth was successful.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the 5k! The crohn's walk is 5k too, and it kicked my butt last year, but I finished and even ran the last 200 yards or so, (I was being chased by my friends 5 year old son :) )