Tuesday, April 22, 2008

04/22/08




Today is "Earth Day" so in "honor" of that, I am selecting a couple of different kinds of pictures. They are not in honor of Earth Day the way the world thinks. :) These are a couple of reflections of God's Creation. I choose to serve and praise the CREATOR rather than the earth around. The top one is of one of our oak trees in the yard sprouting its new leaves. I have never paid attention to them at this stage before. I think they are so cute!! The other, of course, was taken at the Zoo Friday. I haven't been to South America lately. Those flamingos were so beautiful. I'll have more pics of them on the way.

In thinking of Earth Day, I think of what the Bible commands us - - to be good stewards of the earth in which we live. In Genesis 1:28 God told Adam and Eve that they had "dominion" over all animals and plants. That means we are to be taking care of God's Creation. Now, I know "Earth Day" is a day the world sets aside to remember how to care for "Mother Earth." I am all for taking care of the earth, but she "ain't my Mama!" All of the things they promote with recycling and using our natural resources wisely are wonderful. I agree with that whole heartedly but not from the viewpoint that I am "saving the earth." God is in control and knows our every need. I am here to take care of what I have and not abuse it, but I am not here to worship the earth.

In our meeting before school this morning, our principal read this passage from Romans 1. I thought I'd post it here. I have been adding a lot of Scripture lately, but that is a good thing. :) We all talked about "Earth Day." Do you see what "Earth Day" promotes in this Scripture? I do!!! They want to worship the creature more than the CREATOR.

Romans 1: 20-23, 25

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator,


All day I thought of how every part of this earth has been designed and created by my loving, all powerful, all knowing God. I have been seeing so many things of His Creation in a new light with my photography, as you all know. These are just a few samples of things I have photographed recently that show God's beauty as well as details and designs. The proof is everywhere that you look to show this world did not evolve. If you re-read the first verse above, it is a powerful witness that this earth and all that is in it has been designed by God.

I will get off of my soap box now. :)

I will be journaling on scrapbook pages tonight. I also will probably have some more coffee and chocolate. That surely was goooooood last night. :)

Enjoy your evening and find some details in God's Creation... and PRAISE HIM for it.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this. :) That flamingo shot is just beautiful, did you find that they stunk? I took the girls to the Sacramento Zoo a couple of years ago and the flamingos smelled so yucky!