Friday, December 08, 2006

12/8/06

I took Mikayla to see the play Cinderella tonight. It is performed by a local drama company. It was pretty cute! Mikayla is SO into Cinderella right now that I figured she would enjoy it. She got so excited when she saw Cinderella "transform" into her beautiful dress. They really did a good job of having her in her horse and carriage. Mikayla was so cute after the play. The actors were out in the lobby signing autographs and she stood in line with her friends to get "Cinderella's". She told Cinderella that she was her favorite princess. It was so sweet and innocent. She has been talking her head off about it since she got home. It may not have been the greatest play I have ever seen, but to see how my Mikayla Girl has enjoyed it made it all worth it. I must say, I was so tired from today and the week that I yawned throughout most of it. My eyes always water badly when I yawn so I know that woman next to me was wondering if I was crying! I wish I could have taken a power nap to get me through the evening!!! Today's picture is of Mikayla's Cinderella ornament that I just bought her this year. She loves that one very much.

I have to finish my wood stove story from yesterday... It seems I know how to start a fire now and keep it HOT. I was still under the rememberance of how to keep throwing logs on a fire in a fireplace to keep the room warm. I didn't know any different, so I did the same with the wood stove. Steve used to always get on me that I would let the fire go down too low with the fireplace. Well, last night, I checked on that fire and made sure it was blazing... It was blazing alright!! I started to get warmer and warmer as I was grading papers. It wasn't a bad thing, but it began to feel like summer inside the house! ha!! Well, I began to turn on fans and decided to go into our room to get to bed and cool down!! Steve got home a little after 10:00 and when he walked in he said "WHOA! What in the world? You got it hot in here, don't ya?" :) Well, he chuckled as he looked at the temperature in the house... it was 85 degrees!!! No wonder I was hot!! HA!!!! He told me I didn't need to add but one piece of wood every so often once I got the wood stove hot.... NOW he tells me. He checked the temperature of the wood stove itself and it was over 500 degrees....EEK! ha!!!!! Let's just say that is a lesson I will DEFINITELY remember. :) Live and learn every day....

It is supposed to be 17 degrees around here tonight. It was quite frigid when we walked out from the play so I am so thankful for the heat. If only it would snow. :) BUT...not until after my play at school next week!! :)

Off to spend a little time with my sweet Steve. I will go rest by a warm, but not so HOT fire.....

No comments: