Thursday, December 07, 2006

12/7/06

Today's picture is of our Candy Shop in my lighted village. I just love that little house. Wesley and Mikayla love our lighted scene and Wesley couldn't wait for me to get it up this year. I always miss it when Christmas is over. :)

I did it! I finally started a fire that actually took off. Steve had to work late tonight so it was up to me to start up the fire in the wood stove. He told me exactly what to do and it worked!! This comes from someone who had LOTS of trouble getting the fireplace going in the past. I had to call Steve soon after I saw it had really started going to let him know it worked! :)

I had to take Wesley to the doctor today. He has been complaining of a stomachache and his neck hurting and my first thought was strep throat. He has been ACTING fine, though, which can still be deceiving because I have seen a lot of students with strange symptoms this year. Anyway, took him in and the rapid strep test came back negative. They are doing an overnight culture, though, to be safe, so we'll see if that turns up anything. I will just give him cold medicine and hopefully that will get rid of whatever is starting.

BUSY day... I am amazed at how quickly time flies sometimes. I still have lots of papers to do so I need to get off of here. Hope everyone has a warm and wonderful day. :) I am enjoying the warmth of MY fire right now!! (I am amazed at how quickly that wood stove heats up this house... thank you, Lord!!) :)

No comments: