Wednesday, December 20, 2006

12/20/06

Here is another new ornament for the year. I thought he was so cute!! I actually got him free when I bought two Hallmark ornaments... that made him even cuter! hee hee...
Whew! School is officially out till 2007 and I am rejoicing!! Had a great day with my students and parents. :)

Mikayla went to a cookie exchange party with my best friend's daughter and she was having a blast. I am glad she was able to go. Wesley had to hang out with me and wasn't that thrilled. You know I am NO fun. hee hee We finished up cleaning my room at school and then headed to meet my Daddy for some last minute shopping. We enjoyed our time together looking for stocking stuffers for my Mom. We then had a few more stops after we left Daddy. I am glad to be finished (I THINK!) with Christmas shopping. Now I have the task of wrapping all of those presents!!!!

Yesterday we went to see Charlotte's Web after Wesley and Mikayla's Christmas party at school. It was WONDERFUL and I highly recommend it. I also want to see The Nativity but I am not sure when we'll squeeze that one in before Christmas. We'll see. After we saw the movie we went to see Santa. Mikayla talked Santa's ear off....it was quite funny to watch her. When we told her we were going to see Santa she said "Oh great. I forgot my American Girl magazine to show him everything." I just chuckled. We told her Santa would definitely know what she wanted. :)

Last night we drove around to look at Christmas lights. The kids always get into their pajamas and Steve and I get on our comfy clothes so we can be "cuddly" as we drive around to look at lights. I got a picture of us... Mikayla took the picture of Steve and me. I thought she did a great job! We had a lot of fun driving around but were amazed at the houses that didn't have anything decorated. We did see one, however, that had lighted reindeer pulling a sled! Upon further examination of the "sled" we found out it was a bobcat sitting in the front yard with those reindeer "attached." It cracked us up!!! I even got a picture of it for posterity. :) (look below)

We have our Christmas party for the AWANA kids at church tonight. Should be fun! I am off to watch a Christmas movie with Wesley. Maybe I'll wrap a few of those gifts!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The photo with Santa is precious. We saw Charlotte's Web too and loved it!