Sunday, December 17, 2006

12/17/06

I have been crazy since Friday! Yesterday I shopped for and made all of my parent gifts I give out at school. It was a long day and I was quite pooped after the week I have had. They were finished around 11:00, though, and I finished wrapping them up this morning. I am so thankful they are done. Here are a few pictures of my brother and I working on the stuff and the Mozarella balls in olive oil and herbs. I thought they were pretty neat. :) Now I have to work on finishing the ornaments I make for my students. I am SO glad I have no papers to grade this weekend.

Wesley was in our Children's Christmas Musical this morning as a little boy statue/bell ringer. He was the cutest thing. Here he is posing with Mikayla before church and then up on the stage area. Everyone loved him... and he didn't even have a speaking part!! He really did a great job. He had to stand there for 35 or so minutes and be as still as possible (for a 6 year old!) and act like he was ringing the bell when he "came on." I didn't think he did bad at all considering he just found out about it last Saturday!! God took care of everything, though, even his costume. :) He was a bit nervous this morning but was great on stage. Mikayla was a bit jealous, but it was a great opportunity for her to see that sometimes he'll do things she won't and she'll do things he won't. It will be a give and take thing in their life.

This afternoon I "played Santa" to deliver some of my presents I had made. It was fun giving the gifts out. That truly is what Christmas is all about. I hate the hectic part of Christmas, though. I just enjoy the times of being home and with my family making special memories without all of the stress.

It was 70 degrees today.... this is NOT Christmas weather!! I really hope it cools down before next week. We can't even use the woodstove. ha!!

Those ornaments are calling my name so I best get busy again. Enjoy your day and continue to enjoy the wonderful memories you are making this Christmas season!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wesley looks so cute in his bell-ringing outfit! Do you mind sharing the recipe for the mozzarella balls? They look scrumptious!