Thursday, December 28, 2006

12/28/06

I guess I need to go out and take more pictures. My Christmas pics will not be very correct since it is now over. If only we could have some snow!!!

I have been cleaning this house for two days straight. I was quite sick of it by this afternoon. The whole house was in such disaster mode that I was quite overwhelmed with it all. Yesterday I tackled all of the Christmas decorations and a few things that needed to be thrown away. (mainly my children's "treasures" that they won't miss...) I also organized some of my Christmas stuff. My ornaments that are not Hallmark ones were really getting on my nerves because they were jumbled together. I bought one of those ornament boxes and that was WONDERFUL. It was nice to see them all stacked neatly and organized.

Today I worked on the entire house. I was throwing away, going through, organizing and getting mess out of my house!! I used up 2 large black trash bags between yesterday and today as well as a few tall kitchen bags. I have some things that need to go to Goodwill and am planning on donating that on Saturday. My house was SO on my nerves but now it is more tolerable. There is just not enough time during the school year to do stuff like that. At least I had a few days to get that off my list.

Tuesday night Steve and I went to a Hurricanes game. They won and it was a good game. It was the first time I have seen them play in person since April and since they won the Stanley Cup. One of our friends has season tickets and he asked us to go since his wife and daughter had other plans that evening. I also got to see one of my students there and catch up on his Christmas.

We had to go to the drugstore tonight to get Mikayla more allergy medicine and I noticed that Christmas is 50% off now, but they are moving in Valentine stuff. You can't get one holiday over before they start a new one!

My vacation is almost over and I have yet to do something I have WANTED to do. Of course, clean my house was an exciting thing but I wanted to scrapbook more. I'm hoping to do a lot of that tomorrow.... we'll see, though. I know how it goes... you plan your day and something steps in and takes it away. I really hope I can.

Wesley and Mikayla got webkinz animals from some of our friends for Christmas. I may have mentioned it earlier. Anyway, they have to go online to take care of the animals by buying them food, clothing and a place to live. They have to check on the pet everyday to make sure it is happy, healthy and not hungry. One way you can earn money to take care of the animals is by playing games or doing a "job." I showed Wesley and Mikayla how to do some of it so they could learn the website. Well, let's just say I have become "addicted" to a game called Cash Cow. I have secretly been playing it when they are asleep so that I can earn them some money and get a fix. How ridiculous is that??? I figure I am doing what a lot of parents do when their children get older and need some help with some things. hee hee Hopefully they will never know about their mother's addiction. Do you think I can keep it from them??? :)

It is kind of "dark" around here without all of our Christmas lights on. I miss my mantle lights and Christmas house lights the most. Our tree was so pitiful that I was glad to get that out. I didn't need a reason for a fire hanging around!! Mikayla was cute yesterday, though. Once I had gottenthe tree outside she decided to decorate it with Camilia petals. It looks quite lovely. She asked me to put a whole bloom at the top for the "star." She's always thinking of things like that.

Well, we are in search of a stirrup from Mikayla's new horse from American Girl. My son decided to pull it out of the saddle and now they are looking for it. They can't watch one of their new movies until they find it. I'm just shaking my head over it...

Have a good one. I'll hopefully get to scrap tomorrow!!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kellie, I've always wanted to get those ornament boxes. Did you get them at Target? I've already boxed up our ornaments for this year, but I'm going to get those for next year. Did you get any scrapbooking done?