Friday, December 22, 2006

12/22/06

Today is my Daddy's birthday. :) We went out to eat in his honor tonight and had a great time. We called him this morning and sang "Happy Birthday" to him. We enjoyed celebrating him as much as possible today!!

It has been a long day but I still have presents to wrap. lol They didn't get done last night like I thought!!

We had the most fun watching a squirrel eat Mikayla's painted pumpkin from our fall decorations. I took pictures and this was one of the cutest. I had to crop it to see him better because I couldn't get as close as I wanted with my lens, but it is adorable. The kids had the best time seeing it.

I am showing a repeat picture of my mantle centerpiece because I took the kids to see The Nativity today. WOW.... wonderful, wonderful movie. Of course, Hollywood doesn't give it a lot of "stars" but it is because they don't want to see the truth right in front of them. It was beautifully done and an awesome movie. I cried a few times during the movie... it was quite moving to view what I have read in God's Word so many times. With me being a visual learner this helped me get a greater view of some of the things Joseph and Mary went through before Jesus was born. It is truly an awesome movie and I recommend it to all. The kids enjoyed it, too, although parts of it were a bit over their head. They at least got to view the true meaning of Christmas. Steve saw a sign on a church the other day that went something like this: "If you take Christ out of Christmas you have HOLLOW days. " People are so absorbed in being politically correct with "Happy Holidays" that they are forgetting about Christ and their lives are HOLLOW. Only the Lord can give true peace... the kind of peace everyone is searching for these days. The movie I saw today brought more to my heart than any Santa Claus movie I have ever seen. If only people would open their hearts to see the true joy and meaning of Christmas.

I really do have to wrap presents. I guess I'll be staying up LATE tonight, but it is my own fault. I have tried to catch up on the house and such in my couple of days off and haven't gotten the wrapping done. But, I can't work and do it all now, can I? The mess will still be here when Christmas is over. hee hee...

Tomorrow is going to be BUSY. We'll see if I have time to post. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We still haven't seen this movie, I'm going to see if it is playing this week and take the girls. We're watching One Night With The King right now, it is on TBN.