Friday, January 27, 2012

01/27/12

 

We will visit more randomness in my life today.

Ruby and I are getting along great.  She has helped me make two layer cakes and the frostings for each.  However, I am learning that Ruby is a lot more powerful that Bessie ever dared to be.  I have flung flour and powdered sugar out of her more times than I care to count.  Mikayla even asked me when I was going to learn that I need to start her out slow. :)  I didn't realize whipping frosting on high speeds will cause air to get into it.  Hello?  Where have I been?

Yes, as you can see, all of life is a continual learning moment for Kellie.

The squirrel hunting is not going as well as two men in my household had hoped.  Tree stands have been included now in the needs to capture a squirrel.  The funny thing is.... this past weekend's hunting escapade was a hunt for where one of my Sweet ones put his tree stand instead of hunting a squirrel.  They have been rained upon and walked through a lot of mud, and Wesley hasn't killed his first squirrel yet, but the memories they are making are worth more than anything... even if they hunt for tree stands.

The kids have been working on their next project at school.  They had to read a book and then, instead of a book report paper, they had to use cereal boxes and create a cereal in the name of their book... or kind of like their book.  Mikayla read The Wizard of Oz and her cereal is called "The Wizard of Fiber." Wesley read Around the World in 80 Days and his cereal is "Around the World in Fibrous Days."  They have to finish them up this weekend, but we got most of them done last weekend.  Thankfully.

Yes, I eat Fiber One cereal if you can't tell from those names. 

I have loved the month of January.  Some people do not like it because it seems slow and boring compared to the last few months of October-December.  However, I LOVE the slower pace.  I love that I am not crazy busy.  I love re-charging my batteries.  

Sampson has become my sweet lap cat.  He used to not want to sleep in our room, either, but he has begun doing that a little bit.  Our cat Ashes, that died three years ago, used to sleep with me every night.  It was hard when we first got the kittens to realize our Isabelle and Sammy wanted to spend more time with Wes and Mikayla.  BUT... Sammy has begun enjoying being my boy.  If I am on the couch reading, he is usually there with me.  When I get home from school he can't wait for me to sit down so he can get some lovin' from his Mama.  Isabelle is pretty much attached to Mikayla and will sleep with her like another person.  Sammy just loves everybody... but it is becoming more and more evident he loves his MAMA the most.  :)

I haven't photographed anything in a while.  NOT good.  I must remedy that soon.

How is that for jumping all over the place?

2 comments:

Mich said...

Love the randomness...that is how life is.

Have a great weekend!

wendy said...

Those book reports sound like fun. A lady I used to teach with always did a can character report. They'd get a great big coffee can and have to decorate it to look like a character. Then list details/facts on strips of paper on the inside. I loved checking them out every year. Take it easy on the high speeds, my friend.