Thursday, January 12, 2012

01/12/12

 

I guess you have noticed by now that I didn't make "New Year's Resolutions."

I learned a few years back not to shoot for those because I always seemed to fail.

However, this past Sunday our pastor mentioned that we should at least make goals for the year.  Something to strive for, yet understand if it isn't fully accomplished at the end of the year.  Goals can continue into another year.

I will say that last year one of my goals I made for myself was to make jelly from "scratch" for the first time and I did it.  I was most excited that I did it all by myself.  My brother has been my cheerleader for years so to do this and to "surprise" him was pretty fun and special.

Having said that, I am thinking of a few goals for this year.

I want to continue to learn more about the Lord through studying His Word.  I will do another Bible study this summer, but in the meantime I want to take the devotions that I have and read them deeper... see more from His Word than I have seen before.  

I want "Ruby" and I to make some wonderful creations this year.  I want to continue to learn how I can improve in my baking and such.  I love making things from scratch as my brother has taught me.  I will say there is a higher joy when serving something when it has been fully made from scratch.  (Don't worry, though.... there are times I still have to use the "box" to accomplish some baking.)

I want my photography to continue to grow and mature.  I still have lots to learn and I want this to be another growing year.  I want my photography to be what God wants it to be.  

I would like to lose some pounds this year.... or, as a friend recently put on her blog.... be content where my weight is right now as it hasn't gone anywhere lately.  Not be content in a bad way, but be content that the Lord is also in control of that and as long as I am watching what I eat and getting some exercise I need to not obsess over not being what I was a year ago.  Life happens.... and life over 40 with a slower metabolism is what seems to be happening.  

I would like to go see another historical site this year that I have not seen previously.  I love history and love learning more about it!

I want to continue to blog in a way that will be encouraging, thoughtful or funny.  I don't ever want to become "boring."

So, there you have it.  These are just a few, but they are goals nonetheless.  I'll see where the Lord takes me on the journey of 2012.

2 comments:

wendy said...

Speaking of resolutions and/or goals: one of mine was to make the bed every single day. for 366 days in a row. I've never been really good at being consistent with that, but I love walking into the bedroom after work and seeing my bed made. It just makes me feel like I accomplished something. well, I failed on January 4th. And then made the bed again on January 5th.

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

You, my friend, will never be boring! Cross that off your list of goals! Done! :)