Friday, January 13, 2012

01/13/12

 
I recently noticed on one of Mikayla's clothing tags that it says "Believe in yourself."

That may seem harmless enough, but if you really think about it, that is another way Satan wants to put the wrong thinking in our children's minds... as well as our own. 

I don't know about you, but when I have "believed in myself" I have always messed up.

In slyly teaching "believe in yourself", we are being fed the false sense that we are in control and if we believe in ourselves enough we can control it all.  These are the things our children are seeing all around them.  These are statements that we face as well.

The Lord wants us to to believe in HIM.

This is another reason that we have to constantly be on guard against Satan's wiles.  I am sure most people wouldn't see this as a big deal, but it hit me as I was hanging up her shirt to dry a few days ago. It is a small, seemingly innocent statement that can desensitize us to Satan's agenda of doing everything he can to draw us further and further away from the Lord. 

Do you have your armor on?  We are in a spiritual battle daily... even when we don't even realize it!!

1 comment:

Mich said...

So true...Satan slips the little things in on us around every corner.