Thursday, January 26, 2012

01/26/12

 

This past Sunday our pastor spoke about commitment. 

Commitment is a dying thing these days.

He spoke of commitment in many areas of our lives, but the commitment in marriage was one he discussed at more length. 

He said that he has read where a place had wedding rings for rent.

This is the era of the pre-nup.

People "fall out of love" and find someone new.

He said people have changed the wedding vows not to say "as long as we both shall live", but "as long as we both shall love."

The feeling of love can come and go.

There are times that Sweet Man drives me crazy and there are just as many times (if not more!) that I do the same to him.  That is how life is with living with someone else.

However, I am committed to him.

When the feelings of love get irritated, I constantly remember what I promised before God on that wonderful day in May 1993.... "as long as we both shall live..."

When we got home from church that day, Sweet Man grabbed me to hug me and said he meant what he said the day we got married... he was committed to me and always would be. He truly is a SWEET Man.

Life throws a lot of curves, and Sweet Man and I have had some curve balls come our way, but through it all, the commitment is what keeps our love getting stronger.

This song came to my mind that day.  I had just seen it posted on Facebook by a friend who was saying it was for her husband.  I kind of think it fits me and Sweet Man, too.  :)


No comments: