Monday, January 02, 2012

01/02/12

Here are a couple of my favorite pics from Christmas.  The kids gave each other gifts this year with money they had or either earned.  It was fun to see their reactions when they opened their gifts from each other.

Mikayla gave Wesley a new nunchuck for his Wii games.
 Wesley found Mikayla the Food Network Wii game that she has been wanting for a LONG time.  Can we say she was a bit excited?
I guess I have a few questions to answer today.

My blogging friend, Rhonda, asked me how I make my headers.
 
I use Photoshop to design the header and add my pictures into it.  It is quite fun each time to think of a new way to make it.  I always ask Mikayla what she thinks and if she gives me the "thumbs up" I know I am good.  :)

My other blogging friend, Wendy, asked me why in the world I was doing so many Powerpoints for school and was it required.

Well, it isn't required, but we do have projectors in our rooms now and the administration wants us to use them.  Me being the visual learner that I am decided last summer to do all fifty states that I teach the kiddos on a Powerpoint.  I now begin learning countries and capitals with my kiddos in second semester so I had to start working on those.... and there are A LOT. 

My wonderful, kind, ever studious, love-to-research brother sortof volunteered to help me find the information/pictures I was needing to help me accomplish this overwhelming task I had laid out before myself.  It took me a week of steady work on the computer just to make the 50 states Powerpoints. 

He researched for me for two months.. yes, he loves me... and sent me the info. by email.  Now I have to download all of the pics and then he and I sit together and he reads off the info. from our laptop while I put it together in the Powerpoint on our desktop.  On a good day last week we were able to get 8 Powerpoints done.  On a slower day with more info. we got around 4 or 5. 

We accomplished 36 Powerpoints last week and now we're going to start working on one a day to get me finished with all of the countries of the world.  I can't tell you all enough how much I appreciate what my big brother has done for me.  :)  He loves this stuff, so I know it didn't bother him, but it still took him away from his own researching he so loves to do.

Last, but not least, I believe my friend "Jane" asked me about that Christmas present I was so giddy about.  The above mentioned paragraph should help you all understand why this was never discussed last week.  

So, without further ado, here it is:


Meet "RUBY"
 
It makes me giddy just looking at the picture.  I can't wait to try her out!  I'll have to check out Pinterest for some recipes to try with her.  I know I'll share with you what I make with her.  She's heavy, that is for sure, but I feel a long-lasting, loving relationship with Ruby!

So... anymore questions out there for me?

1 comment:

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Ruby is one beauty!!! Congrats! I know you will enjoy her!

Thanks for the information on the header! Maybe one day I will get ALL my Christmas stuff put away and house clean and in order once again, {I can dream!!! ha!}, and have time to play around with the format! I just love yours!