Monday, September 26, 2011

09/26/11

How about some day brighteners here?  I just love our Mexican Sunflowers each year.
Something I learned today:  
Catfish do not have scales like other fish.  I learned this from a well-learned 7 year old.  See... teachers can still be taught.

Something I did today:
Well... a lot.  It started at 5:00 am just like Friday....

Something I prayed for today:
The wisdom to know the heart of my school children.  Knowing the heart is so much harder than just handing out the consequences.  I can't change the heart... only God can do that.  I am thankful for how He's helping me grow in that aspect of teaching.

Something I noticed today:
People are beginning to put out their pumpkins.  I love this time of year.

Something I forgot today:
CAR DUTY!  OOOPS.  I thought I had it in October.  I'll remember the rest of the week.. I promise.

Something to share today:
My friend Gretchen asked me two questions in my comments yesterday.  I realize her wonderful Mom, Sandy, has already shared this info. with her, but thought others may wonder as well.

The first thing she asked was from where did my email name of "Maujun" come.

My email name is "Maujun" - it has significant and sentimental value to me as I had to make it up many, many moons ago when we finally became modern at our house and got a computer and the internet.  Our first name was hacked because, being the naive person I was back in 1998 or so, I gave out my password and someone sent tons and tons of ugly junk mail around with our other one.  Steve uses that one now because it has been long enough that people don't hate us.  

On to my real story, here.  SO... I had to come up with another name.  I tried everything I could and they were all taken or they would give me a weird one with some numbers.  I didn't want  that.. I wanted my originality to shine through so I made up my own word/name.  

M is for May when Steve and I got married.  AU is August for Steve's birthday and JUN is for June, my birthday.  See why it is so special to me!?  I have had many a people fooled thinking it was French or something.  

Her other question was what does the "skwm" in my skwmjustme.blogspot.com mean.   
Well... they are the letters of our names... Steve, Kellie, Wesley, Mikayla.  

Something else I thought I'd share:
Gretchen didn't ask about this, but I thought I would share that my blog name came from me wanting to be "Just Me"... real, every day me.  Someone you can see isn't perfect but learning lots from the Lord about life.  I hope that is what you feel when you come here.

Something I am glad I did today:
Walked.  I was dog tired when I got home, but I persevered and went on outside and walked.  I felt the energy return the longer I went.  I'm really digging my walking if you haven't noticed.

Something I need to do:
Get off of here and enter grades into my grade book.  

Something I want to say before I go:
I am really enjoying the comments I have been receiving lately.  They make me smile and make me feel like you all are with me in my conversations to "myself."  :)  So, THANK YOU bunches.

OH... and if you want to do a "Something I...." post, please feel free to do so.  I'd love to read it!

7 comments:

Beth Rucci said...

Something I did today. I pulled out Renee's top front tooth. They are both out now. I also got a much needed manicure and did 4 loads of laundry.

Amy said...

Do you remember when I sent a card to you addressed to Kellie Maujun??? :)

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Interesting and enlightening post! :) Didn't know that about catfish either! :)

Beautiful flowers, and as always, your photography skills are amazing! What a gift you have! :)

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Oh, and this was a neat "post prompting idea!" I'll try my hand at this soon! We are headed out of town for the rest of the week, so maybe when I return!

Hope you have a great week! :)

Amy said...

love your blogs! :)

Anonymous said...

Something I did today, Pack wipe , clean and pack. Love the new fall pictures ! Love,Love !!

Sandy said...

I did my 10... yes, I'm blogging again!