Thursday, September 22, 2011

09/22/11

Let's chat.

Well... I'll chat, you read, and then comment. 

Yeah, that is it.

1.  I finally learned how to shuffle music on my MP3 player.  It was by accident.  I have no idea how I did it and no idea how to get back to it.  At least now when I walk I can get excited about what is next instead of knowing verbatim what is next.  It really has made a difference in my walks.

2.  Speaking of those walks.... they have been therapeutic this week. They have greatly helped to clear my head after school.

3.  I have heard much about my "vlog" the other day.  So glad I have made many of you laugh or made you feel that you love me more because I talk like you do.  I must say... I may have to do another something like that soon just so you can hear me instead of "read" me. 

4.  That vlog of mine was watched by one of my former students about 3 times the other night while her mom was cutting her hair.  The student was disappointed I did not mention how I say "chil'ren".... I'll have to remedy that for her.  Maybe I should tell one of my "Mrs. Fowler stories" for you all.  Yeah... that may be what I need to do.

5.  If you were wondering (and I know one of you mentioned this..) I will definitely be putting the muscadine jelly in the fair.  It is one of many entries, but that is another day and post.

6.  I am mentally and physically "out of it" tonight.  I decided I just couldn't really do my cleaning like I normally do on a Thursday.  I did go for my walk, but the thought of vacuuming after I got back was less appealing than I previously thought.  The house will survive.

7.  I did manage to climb the Mount Everest of laundry in our room and fold it all.  I now have two more loads waiting on me in the washer and dryer.  I can't wait.  No, really.... I can't wait.

8.  I have a date tonight. With my couch.


So.... now that you have heard my thoughts for today, how have you managed this week?

That "post a comment" button below is dying to be clicked upon and the comment box is just waiting for your words of specialness that you would like to share today.

Go on.. it doesn't bite.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I cannot imagine teaching all day, loving on your own children, walking, doing laundry & dinner all in one day! You are a super woman!

Kathryn said...

I LOVE things that make me laugh out loud!! I loved your "vlog" segment!! OH, my...it is great to be able to hear your fun and sweet voice at the click of a button! I am a happy girl! :) (And you are right on with all your pronunciations...you go, girl!)

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Would love to hear a "Mrs. Fowler" story! I have all ideas it will be very entertaining! LOL!

Can't wait to see what you have "cooked up" (literally) for the State Fair this year!

And I started walking again this week! It is so energizing, I might just walk in the rain today, with an umbrella that is! That would have easily deterred me in past and been an excuse NOT to go! LOL!

Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Oh, and speaking of your accent. In one of my largest classes in college (UNCW), I was singled out for my accent. The professor would call on me to repeat or read something, because he loved my "country accent." The thing was, I was "home." I grew up 30 miles from Wilmington. He was a northern transplant and the one who "talked funny" here in NC. :)