Thursday, September 15, 2011

09/15/11

 
So what have I been up to?

Well... crazy busy at school for one thing.

Crazy busy at home for another.

and....

WALKING.

I have finally gotten a routine going where I can get out and walk again.  It isn't always easy to walk after school.  My body is already tired from being non-stop since 5:00 am, but I am finding that the walking is even helping that.

It has also been a good way for Wesley and me to have some talk time.  He loves to come with me and he will run some to build his body up for next years tryouts to be on the cross country team at school.

He keeps telling me how much he enjoys walking with me and we have had some pretty neat conversations.  Sometimes, selfishly, after a day of hearing "Mrs. Fowler" 400,321 times, I would love to walk quietly, but I keep remembering that I will not have times like this with Wesley for long.  I need to capture them while I can and enjoy the walk.  Not only does the walking benefit me physically, but the benefits of being with my son strengthen me emotionally, spiritually, and mentally.  I love hearing his thoughts and being able to help guide him along life's "walk."

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

there are so many times as a parent I have to remind myself that one day I won't have these sweet kiddos around anymore. I'll long for those "little annoyances" that seem to float through my day. I crave alone time, but it's so good to remember it won't last forever and that I'll long for those "little annoyances" that seem to float through my day.