Saturday, September 03, 2011

09/03/11


Faith is different from proof; the latter is human, the former is a Gift from God.  
- Blaise Pascal
As I was looking up a quote the other day, I found this one also.  It goes so well with what I have been chewing on for days now.  

I have been teaching my students about Creation, sin entering the world, and next week will be Noah's Flood.  I LOVE teaching these accounts from God's Word because they are the reason our world is as it is today!

Last weekend a friend of ours from church was helping us with our computer upgrade and such.  He shares my love of learning about Creation and the world around us using God's Word as the magnifying glass.  I will say, he has more of a gift of understanding the higher thinking in the Science and Math world than I do!  However, we both believe the same thing and he helped me understand some things that have always been interesting to me, but I couldn't quite understand in this "second grade brain" of mine.  I love to learn more so that I may pass that knowledge on to my students.  My conversations with my friend are no different.

He helped me understand how scientists today (he knows.. he has been there!) will do anything they can to refute God's Word and "prove" evolution.  I have known that, but he gave me specific examples that helped me understand more of what I have learned.  Their "proofs" are nothing but taking the truth from God's Word and turning it into false knowledge with no real way to factually prove it.  This Scripture states these scientists all so well!

Romans 1:21-25

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,


And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

There are so many people who believe so readily that our world began with a "Big Bang"... or as I recently read in my ICR monthly publication of Acts and Facts, an "inflationary universe."  It takes so much more faith to believe in something as ludicrous as this organized universe being brought about by a big BANG or something inflated.  There is too much order in this world for it to come from disorder.  There is a whole other blog post I could do on what Noah's Flood... a true, WORLD-WIDE flood... did to our world.  There is proof everywhere in our world, but Evolutionists act as if they are a 5 year old child with their hands over their ears and their eyes are closed while saying "La, la, la, la, la" loudly so they don't hear and see the truth.  I could go on and on, but you get the point, I think.

There are many areas in God's Word that support Creation and even discuss the Flood.  Try Job 38 and 39 and Psalm 104 for ones off the top of my head.  Another one that shows that Christ was there at Creation would be:
John 1:1-4
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word WAS GOD.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made.
In Him was life; and the life was the light of men.

If you want to learn more about how God created our world, go to Institute for Creation Research, Six Day Creation, or Answers in Genesis.  These are wonderful web sites written by Creation Scientists who KNOW about what they are teaching!

As I teach my students:  Everything we need to know in this world we didn't learn in Kindergarten as the saying used to be.... we learn it through God's Word.  The most important being:
Genesis 1:1
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

1 comment:

Mich said...

Crazy timing, but this subject is what my hubby has been teaching his students lately on WEd. nights.

Hope you have a great holiday weekend.